reading RPD CDK report

reading RPD CDK report

Postby PartsDanager » Thu May 04, 2023 2:26 pm

I am doing monthly reconciliation, which always has one problem or another. It was originally set up with two manufacturers on the same pad. I've had to fix table's so inventories are relieved correctly (used tohave Gm oil account relieved whenever we sold Kia oil, etc.) I've got it mostly dialed in, but I'm wondering specifically about how I should be interpreting the prepaid report.
How does a part get stored on the GL side when:
1) it is prepaid but not recieved
2) it is prepaid, received, but not yet handed out and relieved
3) the SOR is cleared rather than relieved on accident
Thanks in advance.
PartsDanager

Re: reading RPD CDK report

Postby Stevenspeaking » Thu May 04, 2023 2:44 pm

I was at a place (13 years ago) that prepaids drove the accounting office crazy. They said prepaids relieved the parts account before the part arrived. Our solution was to NOT use the system as designed.

The office set up a "holding account" that was separate from everything else. Then I created a part number "deposit" with its own source tied to that account. I would order the part and bill out Deposit in the amount to match the part order. Then when the SOR was rolled I would then return part deposit to the matching amount that was collected on the first invoice.

The only drawback was billing it would count as a non-mopar part towards loyalty. However, the credit was also seen by the report and helped lower the loyalty amount.
sbrittain@mcgovernauto dot com
Stevenspeaking

Re: reading RPD CDK report

Postby Zep33 » Thu May 04, 2023 5:17 pm

Prepaids in CDK just plain suck.

Everybody has to know exactly what they are doing to keep from fucking it up
Zep33

Return to Parts Managers