NISSAN CDK PARTS RETURN HELP

NISSAN CDK PARTS RETURN HELP

Postby NISSANROB » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:06 pm

Hello,

update,
i am wanting to find a way of taking my factory ASR return from Nissan DBS and load it into CDK "MSR" so i can post out and make needed changes to parts list !!! we currenlty print return from Nissan website and manually tyoe in every line into MSR to remove parts from CDK.

im new to CDK and need help. i have a parts list i want to upload and then batch change all parts to a new source. When i go to PM-Batch change and then hit f5 i see an old list of parts in there. how do i clear or add a new list into the system. I have my list of parts in excel or can format to other if needed but i am lost on how to import to Batch change and CDK help was no help.
Last edited by NISSANROB on Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NISSANROB

Re: IMPORT PART LIST FOR BATCH CHANGE

Postby Zep33 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:43 am

Are you trying to change "all" the parts in one source to another source or just certain parts in the original source?

You may have to create a new list within PM Batch change - It will overwrite the list that already exists there.

I've never tried to import a list from outside PM so I'm not sure if that can be done or not
Zep33

Postby NISSANROB » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:22 pm

i have a parts list of about 500 part #'s that i need to move from multiple sources all into 1 new source. stocking parts with OH.

i am new to Nissan and the way the factory parts return is done here with the ASR program is new to me.
-Parts return is stared on Nissan's website and they can see what parts we have that are returnable and then we submit for the return.
-Nissan then gives us the approved list of part #'s and quantities that we can send back.
-We go into MSR and manually type in every part # and qty to create a return order in CDK so we can post out and make needed changes to part #'s status'

this is a lot of typing and time consuming work. i want to be able to download my aproved return parts list and then push it to CDK batch change every part on that list to a new source and then run a MSR on that specific source to skip all of the manual entry of 500+ lines every time.
NISSANROB

Postby PartsDanager » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:16 pm

I'm not totally sure how to get that list into an english statement, but an english statement is the only way I know how to upload a list to PM.

I regularly select a group of parts with specific parameters, and then save those parameters as a list. It works as follows-
function ENG
SELECT PART-NO. WITH P-U AND WITH MNS BETWEEN "0" AND "6" AND WITH O.H. > "0" AND WITH SO BETWEEN "99" AND "105"
ENTER, ENTER
>SAVE-LIST PM-BATCH-LIST
-----in this case, it is select all part numbers on file with the months not sold between 0 and six, within my set of sources to include 100-104.
Then in PM, you can use F5-Use save list and select the option for PM-BATCH-LIST, and move the part numbers from that list to the source.

The problem here is trying to SELECT the parameters for the list, as they are generated from Nissan. I'm not sure if there is a way to use a different function than SELECT to upload the list into ENG. That's a question for the CDK gods.
PartsDanager

Postby PartsDanager » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:21 pm

as ZEP stated, you can use F12 to create a list using CDKs Batch Change GUI, but there is not option to upload. It might be possible in ENG that there is an UPLOAD or IMPORT option, but I'm no ENG major.
PartsDanager

Postby PartsPlant81 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:46 pm

Not sure if any of this will help or make sense but I had this saved in my ADP notes from years ago. Haven't been on ADP in at least 5 years though...

Batch Change
Type Source #, F3, * to deselect everything, type in new source, F3

In Excel: Copy list of parts, Paste in empty field, Type in new “mark” (#, text, etc.), Put space in between original and new mark column, Alternating numbers in columns, Last two columns cut, Bottom of very first column paste, Sort ascending - sort top left column, Copy last column, SETUP PROMPTS IN ADP - MSCP

RUNNING A SELECTION AND IMPORTING INTO PM--BATCH CHANGE
CREATE A SELECT STATEMENT WITH THE CORRECT FORMAT
AFTER SELECTED SAVE AS
SAVE-LIST PM-BATCH-LIST
GO TO BATCH CHANGE THEN PRESS F5
PartsPlant81

Postby NISSANROB » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:11 pm

I will try. thank you for the info.
NISSANROB

Postby Zep33 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:30 am

NISSANROB wrote:i have a parts list of about 500 part #'s that i need to move from multiple sources all into 1 new source. stocking parts with OH.

i am new to Nissan and the way the factory parts return is done here with the ASR program is new to me.
-Parts return is stared on Nissan's website and they can see what parts we have that are returnable and then we submit for the return.
-Nissan then gives us the approved list of part #'s and quantities that we can send back.
-We go into MSR and manually type in every part # and qty to create a return order in CDK so we can post out and make needed changes to part #'s status'

this is a lot of typing and time consuming work. i want to be able to download my aproved return parts list and then push it to CDK batch change every part on that list to a new source and then run a MSR on that specific source to skip all of the manual entry of 500+ lines every time.

That does sound like a lot of work

Have you contacted any other Nissan parts managers to see how they handle it? Might be a thought

I think there are a few here that might be able to help - Maybe edit the title of this or start a new one with Nissan in the title so it sticks out
Zep33

Return to Parts Managers