Recall Modules Retro-Fit

Recall Modules Retro-Fit

Postby PartsOnBackorder » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:33 pm

Any one else find the GM order process for the $11.98 Retro fit modules to be an absolute royal pain in the ass . Every order cancels , wont upgrade , have to sit on the phone with SPAC , try to get them escalated . Order as a DRO no wait a CSO no wait manual entry on Global no wait how about order wait hour then SPAC ETC ......... come on already this does NOT have to be this big of a pain in the ass
PartsOnBackorder

Re: Recall Modules Retro-Fit

Postby James96 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:54 pm

Why are you on the phone with spac? If you order them CSO and then immediately upgrade them on workbench (once they back order) you should have no issue.
James96

Postby ScottParts » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:39 pm

James96 wrote:Why are you on the phone with spac? If you order them CSO and then immediately upgrade them on workbench (once they back order) you should have no issue.

This is the way it's been working for me, also.
ScottParts

Postby Denise Trimble » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:51 pm

I agree, the retro fit kit has been made easier, for now, by being able to immediately upgrade to a SPAC case, but why does it need that order qualifier?

I noticed the last air bag I ordered CSO (8/25/23), rejected and had the message to order DRO only. Looked at the recall again and it specifically states all DRO orders will be cancelled! I received it DRO the very next day. I'm singing the Hokey-Pokey over here with: "You put the VIN # in. You take the VIN # out. You add a SPAC case then you wonder what comes out....."
Denise Trimble

Postby ScottParts » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:09 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:I'm singing the Hokey-Pokey over here with: "You put the VIN # in. You take the VIN # out. You add a SPAC case then you wonder what comes out....."

Nailed It!!!! :lol:
ScottParts

Postby PartScott » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:38 pm

Anybody ran into a case where the vehicle comes to you with open recalls, but the parts had been ordered by another dealer prior and now you can't order them?

I'm there now. :x
PartScott

Postby Denise Trimble » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:04 pm

PartScott wrote:Anybody ran into a case where the vehicle comes to you with open recalls, but the parts had been ordered by another dealer prior and now you can't order them?

Not yet, but let us know how it plays out. It is bound to happen.
Denise Trimble

Postby last8please » Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:26 pm

PartScott wrote:Anybody ran into a case where the vehicle comes to you with open recalls, but the parts had been ordered by another dealer prior and now you can't order them?

i have run into this a few times, had to contact my DMA with the cancelled spac case number and he pushed it thru. takes a couple of days extra.
last8please

Postby PartScott » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:00 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:

Not yet, but let us know how it plays out. It is bound to happen.

I was referred to GCUS-9-14778, which gives an email address and a list of info (dealer code, vin, part numbers, etc...) they need. Fired the email off Thursday and had a response this morning saying that the order was processing and an answerback confirming.
PartScott

Postby Denise Trimble » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:05 pm

PartScott wrote:
Denise Trimble wrote:

I was referred to GCUS-9-14778, which gives an email address and a list of info (dealer code, vin, part numbers, etc...) they need. Fired the email off Thursday and had a response this morning saying that the order was processing and an answerback confirming.

Thank you for the update!
Denise Trimble

Next

Return to Parts Managers