I SERVICE

I SERVICE

Postby olepartsguy » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:24 pm

Is anyone using I service? its a tool that uses a cellphone to communicate MPL to the service advisor via the tech.
We just started yesterday on the training, just wondering how well this works for anyone using it or if anyone has feedback to share
olepartsguy

Re: I SERVICE

Postby Torgy » Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:55 pm

we have been using it for about 10 months. I feel that the service side of it works better than the parts side, but service struggles with pushing orders. Sometime orders get sent through as approved and they should not be, so we run into ordering parts that are not needed, or installing unapproved parts. There is no integration between I-Service and CDK. If you quote parts on and RO in CDK, you also have to type them into I-Service. It took them 4 months to get my pricing matrix entered, and some of that still isn't correct, so we are always changing pricing in I-Service to match what is quoted in CDK. We were told when we signed up that it would, but now they tell us that they will not because of CDK's fees to write programs. We are currently looking at switching to X-Time, which also has a decent scheduling tool. Certain DMS's may work better with their system, but CDK does not.
Torgy

Postby olepartsguy » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:47 pm

Have you made a ton of money using it? Did you gain any customers because of it? Will you re-sign the contract when it is time to renew?
olepartsguy

Postby Torgy » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:59 pm

our upsell sales has increased about 10%, I wouldn't say that we have gained any new customers, and because of no integration with CDK we will not be renewing.
Torgy

Return to Parts Managers