Buyout transmission question

Buyout transmission question

Postby James96 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:42 pm

Ordered a transmission for a customer over the back counter via OEC. (GM on back order) customer did not pre pay, and now doesn’t want to do the work. What is the best way to return this? Take the 35%?
James96

Re: Buyout transmission question

Postby Denise Trimble » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:15 pm

Is it a popular number? Maybe you can re-sell it? If it was purchased from another dealer, VIA OEC, but not SPRINTed to you on a SPAC case, I believe you ask the other dealer if they'll let you return it. Otherwise, your DM may be able to help you. You'll likely take that 35% hit that way, but better than sitting on it.
Denise Trimble

Postby AlanHomes » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:43 pm

Back counter as in Service Department? Return it on a CSO return, then charge the 35% to 6704. ALL special orders must be pre-paid or a hefty deposit taken. At least that is what I do here.
AlanHomes

Postby olepartsguy » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:42 pm

as with all parts in my inventory that I get stuck with, I hold on to it for 11 months before returning. I have sold at least 10% or more when holding on to it. I dont have a return pile. i put everything in inventory. easier to get off of a shelf than a pile of parts. All parts that come into my inventory get a secondary bin location of RETURN. that helps my personnel tell me when they sell that part. Then i decide to do with it. mostly deleting it. I do have an excel file of all these parts anf the date it was ordered so I can make sure it goes bye bye at 11 months.

I have been doing this for at least 7 years this way. last inventory I had a 57.978.26 pickup . my obsolesene 13-15 months was 4% or less. 16-17 months were 1% or less.

I did this type of return 9 out of the 12 months in my inventory cycle. At the end I had enough return reserve built up that it took care of the CSO returns for the last 3 months.

The Excel file is the best thing I ever did. because when you run a RNM (return no movement) thru CDK it has a lot of faults ( parts that have not been sold but just arrived come up on this report and then depending how many months you go back to you will get RIM parts in your report
olepartsguy

Return to Parts Managers