Order Lines Canceling Due to New RIM SPQ?

Order Lines Canceling Due to New RIM SPQ?

Postby jdpetey » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:41 pm

RIM Canceled Screenshot.png
RIM Canceled Screenshot.png (225.06 KiB) Viewed 4897 times
Don’t know if anyone else has noticed or not, or if it’s even been standing policy, but I’m seeing answerbacks in relation to backordered RIM lines canceling with an answer similar to the topic heading. Noticed two cancellations over the last two days.

We did not manually cancel.

Did I miss a Bulletin?

Thanks
jdpetey

Re: Order Lines Canceling Due to New RIM SPQ?

Postby ScottParts » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:36 pm

I've gotten several of these also. No bulletin that I've seen. Figured it was a new and inventive way of GM giving us the finger.
ScottParts

Postby AlanHomes » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:30 pm

If I am correct, these parts that continue to cancel are no longer eligible for RIM management and since they are set up for auto order in the DMS, they will continue to auto order. I have not seen a bulletin, God forbid the warehouse do their job and pull orders to keep AMERICA rolling.
AlanHomes

Postby jdpetey » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:23 pm

@alanholmes.

I would agree with you to a point, but the numbers that are cancelling are still in a State Code 02 status. RIM removed go to State Code O1.

From what I can tell, some of my recommended SPQ's recalculated to lower levels that I accepted, but there were backorders ABOVE the SPQ that were still pending that appear
to be cancelling.

It seems as if GM has found a way to reduce order quantities for parts that SPQ's have dropped to lower values after RIM orders had been placed and gone on backorder.

As long as OH meets CURRENT SPQ level, if there's an existing RIM order, any RIM backorders for said part will cancel?

Just had another one today. Keep checking your answerbacks. I would guess, that if this is new, it would have been implemented in the last week. Never saw before.
jdpetey

Postby PartScott » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:50 am

I have seen this both recently and in the past. The ones that stick out to me are parts that I acquired from sources other than GM (Delco warehouse, other dealership, etc...) because they were taking too long to show up.
PartScott

Postby parts22 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:35 pm

This is a standing RIM policy that comes up from time to time. RIM looks at backorders and your on-hand, if your on-hand is equal to or greater than you RIM stocking policy, RIM will cancel the order. This usually only comes up for stock parts that have been on backorder for a while. It usually gets me on CR2032 remote batteries that I order locally and post as 19333112.
parts22

Postby parts22 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:49 pm

Order Management Changes
Updated Date:Oct 03, 2023 12:00 ET

​​Subject: DRO and QPO Order Management Changes

Description:

Starting last night, dealers will begin to see all DRO (both RIM and Non-RIM) and QPO orders go to backorder. This change will allow us to use our inventory to better fill high priority customer orders. Dealers will still have the ability to view these orders in PWB+, as well as cancel any orders not needed.

In conjunction with this change, we've also removed the “Upgrade to CSO" button on the PWB+ Backorder screen.

These changes still allow orders to maintain their place in line for FIFO fulfillment once we are able to pick and ship DRO and QPO orders again.

Once we begin processing DRO and QPO orders, we will ensure these backorders do not take dealers above their normal stocking levels.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
This is where RIM cancels backorders to keep you at or below your "NORMAL STOCKING LEVEL"
parts22

Postby jdpetey » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:33 am

I would surmise this was instituted to reduce future ‘strike related’ returns. Understood.

However, as a result of this practice, parts that technically ‘just recently’ had a policy that dropped to zero and changed to a State Code 04 AFTER an existing RIM order had been placed, are essentially being ‘phased’ out prematurely.

I would assume most would think is a good thing, but I’m not one of them.

Essentially, the RIM algorithm is being overridden.
jdpetey

Return to Parts Managers