Return core on pallet

Return core on pallet

Postby pushit7 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:38 pm

Hey guys... Have any of you ever using pallet for the core return?
We've been doing the light core in cage and loose cores for fascia
And of course they said they're running of out cage
Anyway, we've never put any on the pallet. Do you think it's ok? I check on MRV option, on drop down menu 'Pallet' is included
I called PDC to call the delivery company. We have DLI (still not good but it's better than last year)
Please let me know... thanks!
pushit7

Re: Return core on pallet

Postby smoyer » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:06 pm

you can call who ever does your freight and ask them to drop a gaylord off. what kind of cores are you sending back that can't go as a loose item?
smoyer

Postby pushit7 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:24 pm

smoyer wrote:you can call who ever does your freight and ask them to drop a gaylord off. what kind of cores are you sending back that can't go as a loose item?

Seriously these freight people have no clue what to tell us.
Fascia cores are loose right? We love it when we able to cut the shit out of it. Now the whole piece with dumb stupid V boxes :?
Well I'm sending one cage and a pallet. If they don't know how to work it, we might get it back. who knows what they do.
pushit7

Postby greenthumb-38 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:20 pm

For fascias we save one of the fascia boxes and stuff 5 or 6 cores into one box.

For LIGHT cores we use pallets or J-packs and then wrap.

One of the GM info/training videos from a few years back said that they prefer palletized core returns and stuffing multiple fascias into one box. Been doing it ever since.

- gt in California
greenthumb-38

Postby Denise Trimble » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:35 pm

We return fascias without the box. Put the stickers on and out it goes. Light cores that will not fit in a tote, go on the PC302 as a loose piece. This makes a nice pile, at times, however, we have few issues to speak of. The only time a core has been refused to be picked up, was when the driver had no cart for a transmission and we were not here to help her. I'm sure bigger dealers have pallet requirements we would never encounter, but we have decent luck with getting proper credits.
Denise Trimble

Postby AlanHomes » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:01 pm

Cut out the label off the fascia box and tape it to the fascia core.
Stuff as many loose fascias possible into a cage. The cage top folds down for a reason.
Fascia return goes back as one cage.
If you have other cores that will fit into the same cage, stuff them in also, write them up as a cage.
You can have multiple core returns in one cage, just tape each barcode from the PC302 on the cage. I have had five/six barcodes on one cage.
AlanHomes

Postby olepartsguy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:09 pm

we return fascias in cages only. we email our shipper and in a day or so a cage appears. we use DAY and Ross in these parts
olepartsguy

Return to Parts Managers