Need CDK help

Need CDK help

Postby Joust84 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:43 am

New to this dealer, and haven't used CDK in years. We are using a CDK scan gun and printer. We have to build the order and transfer it in order to receive the order. I have used Scan It Parts and all the shipments were set to transfer automatically via Global. Is this really the only way the CDK gun can receive parts??? If so, its gotta go. How do I set up an SOR report that prints all parts received that day for Service and Parts? I have so many questions...
Joust84

Re: Need CDK help

Postby PartsDanager » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:33 pm

Never used the CDK scan gun, but if it's posting the parts in real time, you can use function RRS to see all special order items that came in that day. It's clunky- read the serviceconnect manual to understand the prompts.
PartsDanager

Postby ehiatt » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:02 pm

You do have to setup an order in PSPS for the gun(s) to work.
What we do is make a “dummy” order like 010523S (the date & S for stock) or whatever you like. “Select Prompt to be prompted for the reference number each time a part is receipted.” Then when you scan the part it will show all the orders associated with the part #.
Do a search in Service Connect for PSPS. That will be helpful compared to my Cliff notes version. ;)
ehiatt

Postby BRIAN8474 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:15 pm

I don't know if this would be of any help, but here it goes... We use two CDK scan guns and bluetooth printers at the dealership to receive freight. both car lines (GM and Toyota) that we service are set up the same way, and that is the scan gun validates the shipment against the ESD that is sent to CDK every day from the manufacturer. if you receive using the ESD then you don't have to worry about what order control number the individual parts are on as the ESD has that information included to validate the scan against. If you set up the order receipt in PSPS, when you get to the IR reference Number line (select ESD#) and input the ESD#. The ESD number you want to use is the primary shipment number for the stock you received that day. In my case, I'm a Denver region dealer so all my primary PDC shipments start with 22-xxxxxxx. drop the prefix and dash (22-) and the remaining 7 digits of the shipment number are the ESD number you will use.

there is a popup in PSPS that asks how you want the gun to handle exceptions, We always select the third option to allow exceptions. If you select the third option when setting up the scan session in PSPS, and then hit a part that isn't on the ESD the gun beep a few times and prompt you to select the order control number you would like to post it to, and if there is more than one it will list all order control numbers with quantities that exist in the system that are open.

I know this may not be a direct answer to your question but I've had really good success with our scan guns in receiving freight. It can be very efficient once you get the hang of it, for example today my two freight guys had 334 lines of freight from GM, Toyota, and Keystone all scanned in about an hour and a half.

if you would like more info, direct message me and Ill give you my phone number. Hell, I can even send you pictures or get you on a video call so you can see what I'm describing as I know it doesn't make a lot of sense as I've typed it out.

let me know,
Brian
BRIAN8474

Return to Parts Managers