AMAZON / GM / ACDELCO

Re: AMAZON / GM / ACDELCO

Postby FairyGodMother » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:03 am

AlanHomes wrote:We had a mechanic that spent two hours trying to program a transmitter from Amazon, he finally opened it up........... DAMMIT!!!!!

So like I am curious about the outcome of this. What happened when he opened it up?
FairyGodMother

Postby FairyGodMother » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:05 am

If you are seeing it on Amazon or anything else lower than the dealer price, they either got it as a QPO and are reselling it, or it is a refurbished/repurposed part. I know some amazon sellers will go and get parts from junk yards and sell them labeled as new. Just bare one thing in mind. When you purchase a part outside of GM for a customer, if something happens with said customer, it is out of your pocket since you didn't get the part from GM.
FairyGodMother

Postby understatedone » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:41 pm

FairyGodMother wrote:
AlanHomes wrote:We had a mechanic that spent two hours trying to program a transmitter from Amazon, he finally opened it up........... DAMMIT!!!!!

So like I am curious about the outcome of this. What happened when he opened it up?

I'm sure it was empty!!
understatedone

Postby olepartsguy » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:14 pm

GM doesnt care about its image tommorow. it cares how profitable they are right now. i have been telling my DMA for 10 years how they fuck us. They dont care. The dealer is nobody that they want to go away. they want to sell there part right out of there back door.
olepartsguy

Postby FairyGodMother » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:06 pm

olepartsguy wrote:GM doesnt care about its image tommorow. it cares how profitable they are right now. i have been telling my DMA for 10 years how they fuck us. They dont care. The dealer is nobody that they want to go away. they want to sell there part right out of there back door.

Trust me, you think we are the only ones getting screwed? I talked to a DPAC person one day during the strike who accidently let it slip that they get paid less than $15 an hour. Made me really rethink how I talk to DPAC since they handle a lot of BS from us and get a lot of crap done for us that GM doesn't allow us to do. And somethings they wish they could do that we can do and we get mad at them because we don't want to do it and I say this because I will admit to being one of those people who did this and I will not lie. DPAC deals with a lot and GM is jipping them by sticking them in a cubicle to deal with god knows how many of us a day and paying them what most states put as minimum wage. Especially since a few of them that I can think of off the top of my head will go and jump through a bunch of hoops and do things they shouldn't do just to help us in a way. Like for example, I talked to one person recently who I normally try to avoid, April. She faked a force from how she explained it even though she shouldn't so she could add a SPAC to a part that had stock at a facility that wasn't my main one so it would go to the one in stock without my having to order it as a CSO3 and pay freight out of pocket just to help me. Super sweet person but also super condescending and kind of reminds me of the old south bless your heart grandmas who are secretly telling you where to stick it.
FairyGodMother

Postby Denise Trimble » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:17 pm

FairyGodMother wrote:
olepartsguy wrote:GM doesnt care about its image tommorow. it cares how profitable they are right now. i have been telling my DMA for 10 years how they fuck us. They dont care. The dealer is nobody that they want to go away. they want to sell there part right out of there back door.

Trust me, you think we are the only ones getting screwed? I talked to a DPAC person one day during the strike who accidently let it slip that they get paid less than $15 an hour. Made me really rethink how I talk to DPAC since they handle a lot of BS from us and get a lot of crap done for us that GM doesn't allow us to do. And somethings they wish they could do that we can do and we get mad at them because we don't want to do it and I say this because I will admit to being one of those people who did this and I will not lie. DPAC deals with a lot and GM is jipping them by sticking them in a cubicle to deal with god knows how many of us a day and paying them what most states put as minimum wage. Especially since a few of them that I can think of off the top of my head will go and jump through a bunch of hoops and do things they shouldn't do just to help us in a way. Like for example, I talked to one person recently who I normally try to avoid, April. She faked a force from how she explained it even though she shouldn't so she could add a SPAC to a part that had stock at a facility that wasn't my main one so it would go to the one in stock without my having to order it as a CSO3 and pay freight out of pocket just to help me. Super sweet person but also super condescending and kind of reminds me of the old south bless your heart grandmas who are secretly telling you where to stick it.

Exactly how were you speaking to these people prior to finding out this information? I try to be nice to people I need favors from.
Denise Trimble

Postby FairyGodMother » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:55 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:
FairyGodMother wrote:

Exactly how were you speaking to these people prior to finding out this information? I try to be nice to people I need favors from.

I mean I tried my best to stay nice with them, but hearing that made me want to be extra extra nice. Like they do a lot for crap pay, and we rely on them so much as dealers. Also made me ask more questions other htan "When will I get this?" I know ask where I can find something on PWB+ or what something might mean. That is how I have the information I posted in my post a couple of weeks ago. I got that because I asked what it all means and they explained it to me. Best ones to get in chat is Callamina and Angela. I want to say Callamina also does phones because I remember getting her a few times before. Same with Angela. Best ones on the phones are Amanda, Tracy, and Sarah. I recently got Tracy and she was so sweet and helpful.
FairyGodMother

Previous

Return to Parts Managers