Wholesale Delivery Surcharges

Wholesale Delivery Surcharges

Postby PartsOnBackorder » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:42 pm

For all those who do wholesale mechanical and / or collision , do you charge delivery charge and / or fuel surcharges . If so how much ? I have called a few local dealers ( varying brands ) around here and I'm seeing varying from nothing to upwards of 5.00 per invoice .

If not with the rising costs of vehicle maintenance , fuel , tolls , restock fees , payment processing fees etc.... have you thought about it ? We are thinking about starting to charge and just curious on everyone's thoughts.
PartsOnBackorder

Re: Wholesale Delivery Surcharges

Postby jaybird62 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:19 pm

we have not started a charge yet. but we are a small dealer, mostly sell to our shop.

the autonations here have a 2.00 surcharge on every invoice i get, and they have to take it off manually
jaybird62

Postby AlanHomes » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:29 am

Don't do much wholesale here, difficult to compete with the Wal Mart dealers that sell at or slightly above cost. There are a few around me that add a buck or two, usually they are delivering to a few dozen stops. It does add up, if a customer complains, so be it.
AlanHomes

Postby smoyer » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:26 pm

tried that years ago, never went well better option just raise your selling price by a couple of dollars
smoyer

Return to Parts Managers