SPRINT

Re: SPRINT

Postby jaybird62 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:22 pm

ran into a new one today... spac case closed late in the afternoon of 3-12... 3-13 tracking shows label was printed.. got busy and realized it was not here today.. checked tracking it has not moved... dealer that sprinted it is no longer taking phone calls.. had to go thru a chat like gm's chat.. some one finally answered and said fed ex did not pick up there and no one told them, so it was completly out of their control...

right...
jaybird62

Postby FairyGodMother » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:37 pm

jaybird62 wrote:ran into a new one today... spac case closed late in the afternoon of 3-12... 3-13 tracking shows label was printed.. got busy and realized it was not here today.. checked tracking it has not moved... dealer that sprinted it is no longer taking phone calls.. had to go thru a chat like gm's chat.. some one finally answered and said fed ex did not pick up there and no one told them, so it was completly out of their control...

right...

Was it an oversized part? FedEx has been extra stupid lately and refusing to pick up parts that they deem oversized. What I mean by that is I had something (I really don't remember what specifically it was) and normally it wouldn't be oversized, but FedEx recently got bipolar and now anything that is longer than 70 inches in any shape or form they say "No not taking it". Part I had was 70.8 and they said no to that. Felt bad when I told the other person we couldn't sprint it to them anymore because FedEx refused to touch it (I once had them pick it up and rbing it back a week later saying they can't do it) and said it was too big, but it was too small for freight. FedEx driver told me that they don't do anything over 70 inches at all anymore but anything less than their standard dimensions won't qualify for freight. So from what DPAC told me is that they are having to mark all those parts as local only. Fun. FedEx has no rhyme or reason for it and it has been making me mad. Everytime I call them, no help. There is also a common thing where sprinting dealers will commit and confirm it, smack the label on it, and then not do a thing after that. Or they will commit and confirm and then print the label but not go grab the part till DPAC calls them. Those are the ones that you will more than likely have to hunt down to get any kind of information from. I think I mentioned something about all that in my DPAC tips and tricks post a couple of weeks ago.
FairyGodMother

Postby jaybird62 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:48 pm

no it was an under hood fuse box..nothing big..

i take sprints very seriously... even take them to fed ex if we miss them.. i figure it is needed..

i remember back years ago when gm threatened some dealers for sprint violations.. just very frustrating when the selling dealer no longer will take a phone call..

i had one a few years ago gm would not spac as it had a state restriction... i am in texas, i found one in texas.. still would not sprint,,
jaybird62

Postby Denise Trimble » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:06 pm

jaybird62 wrote:ran into a new one today... spac case closed late in the afternoon of 3-12... 3-13 tracking shows label was printed.. got busy and realized it was not here today.. checked tracking it has not moved... dealer that sprinted it is no longer taking phone calls.. had to go thru a chat like gm's chat.. some one finally answered and said fed ex did not pick up there and no one told them, so it was completly out of their control...

right...

I can sympathize with you. The dealer I contacted, for failure to launch, said "I couldn't find the part after I accepted it. I couldn't back out of the SPRINT, there's no one to call at GM (lie) and so we just wait until the dealer calls asking where their part is!" (refer to my previous comment in this thread..) A colossal waste of our time since we usually wait a day to call if we see no movement on the tracking number; in order for the SPRINTing dealer to get the part picked up or dropped off for shipment. Common courtesy has escaped some of these people entirely.
Denise Trimble

Postby jaybird62 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:49 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:

right...

I can sympathize with you. The dealer I contacted, for failure to launch, said "I couldn't find the part after I accepted it. I couldn't back out of the SPRINT, there's no one to call at GM (lie) and so we just wait until the dealer calls asking where their part is!" (refer to my previous comment in this thread..) A colossal waste of our time since we usually wait a day to call if we see no movement on the tracking number; in order for the SPRINTing dealer to get the part picked up or dropped off for shipment. Common courtesy has escaped some of these people entirely.

amazing... the worst so far... i got a certifed service foam wheel and tire from a dealer... when i called he said he had to send me something to close the spac case.....smh..
jaybird62

Postby FairyGodMother » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:17 pm

jaybird62 wrote:no it was an under hood fuse box..nothing big..

i take sprints very seriously... even take them to fed ex if we miss them.. i figure it is needed..

i remember back years ago when gm threatened some dealers for sprint violations.. just very frustrating when the selling dealer no longer will take a phone call..

i had one a few years ago gm would not spac as it had a state restriction... i am in texas, i found one in texas.. still would not sprint,,

Unfortunately if it is restricted anywhere in the world, GM can't sprint it at all. Like the government won't allow it. Some laws or something I don't know. I just remember being told that by more than 1 agent in dpac (1 said a part was sprintable even though it was restricted but considering the accent, I have a feeling they shouldn't be trusted since people of the same accent misinform me all that time of stuff that even I know better).
FairyGodMother

Postby FairyGodMother » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:23 pm

PartsDanager wrote:Service Parts Resolved In No Time

It actually stands for that. It's in the policy and procedures.

Don't lie to me via acronym, GM.

Just as a side note, this is how it is SUPPOSED to work and usually does fairly well. The biggest issue is some of the dealers that pick up these sprints. I just got off the phone with dpac because they called to tell me that a sprinting dealer in florida called to reopen my case they picked up last week. I was actually in a chat with another agent when I got the call and the agent I was chatting with had been trying to call said dealer for an update. This isn't a joke, the sprinting dealer ignored my agents phone calls including from what I was told hung up on her once, and then called back to say they couldn't do it. So while yes I can concur that gm is not perfect, they have things set in place for this system that work as long as participating dealers actually do their jobs! Sorry, bit frustrated.
FairyGodMother

Previous

Return to Parts Managers