SPRINT

SPRINT

Postby PartsDanager » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:58 pm

Service Parts Resolved In No Time

It actually stands for that. It's in the policy and procedures.

Don't lie to me via acronym, GM.
PartsDanager

Re: SPRINT

Postby jaybird62 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:50 pm

PartsDanager wrote:Service Parts Resolved In No Time

It actually stands for that. It's in the policy and procedures.

Don't lie to me via acronym, GM.

hahahahaha.... that is like when i learned drac was "dealer rent a car" duhhhh
jaybird62

Postby Denise Trimble » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:17 pm

As much as I like to point out GM's expediting (and procurement) shortcomings; I have had a couple of really awful experiences with SPRINTing dealers lately! Common courtesy seems to have truly escaped some of these people.
Denise Trimble

Postby PartsDanager » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:28 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:As much as I like to point out GM's expediting (and procurement) shortcomings; I have had a couple of really awful experiences with SPRINTing dealers lately! Common courtesy seems to have truly escaped some of these people.

I'll admit all of SPRINTS problems are not GMs fault, if you're gonna make me. :D

Personally, I've had a SPRINT go out a day later than expected because FedEx pickups aren't as reliable as they once were. But if they don't pick up, I drop it off the following day at the ship center and contact the purchasing dealer. Don't often get that courtesy in return anymore, though.
PartsDanager

Postby jaybird62 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:27 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:As much as I like to point out GM's expediting (and procurement) shortcomings; I have had a couple of really awful experiences with SPRINTing dealers lately! Common courtesy seems to have truly escaped some of these people.

it is bad.. i am now oredring a third part for the first 2 from the same dealer showing up demolished... this one might have been usable it a set of tires was not stacked on it.... last bad one was a part for a traveling customer.. sprinting dealer shipped me a foam certified service display tire... amazing stuff
jaybird62

Postby AlanHomes » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:55 pm

Received a torque converter that the box had been opened and taped closed. Converter innards were shifted about, and to really put the icing on the cake, a defect parts return packing list was attached to the box with the necessary BOL and other labels. Dealer never bothered to take it out of their inventory. Of course they were happy to answer the SPAC case.
AlanHomes

Postby Denise Trimble » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:34 pm

Glad I am not the only one with regard for the fellow parts person's time and effort. If you pick up a SPRINT, but find out you can't send it, for the love of all things holy: CALL THE DEALER who will be missing the part! You will spend less time Googling them and making the call than trying to figure it out when a dealer calls you, wondering where their part is!
Denise Trimble

Postby AlanHomes » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:18 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:Glad I am not the only one with regard for the fellow parts person's time and effort. If you pick up a SPRINT, but find out you can't send it, for the love of all things holy: CALL THE DEALER who will be missing the part! You will spend less time Googling them and making the call than trying to figure it out when a dealer calls you, wondering where their part is!

This brings up the most important point when sprinting a part. Before you commit to creating a shipping label, make sure you have the part and are willing to let it go. Once you commit to creating a shipping label, that's it, game over, stick a fork in it. SPAC case is closed. Even better, just make sure you have the part before selecting the SPAC case.
AlanHomes

Postby FairyGodMother » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:30 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:Glad I am not the only one with regard for the fellow parts person's time and effort. If you pick up a SPRINT, but find out you can't send it, for the love of all things holy: CALL THE DEALER who will be missing the part! You will spend less time Googling them and making the call than trying to figure it out when a dealer calls you, wondering where their part is!

I will do you one better on this. GMs specific policies and procedures for sprinting is that you are supposed to commit to it, physically get up and walk over to it and make sure you for sure have it in your person and then confirm it from there. Same day, preferably within the same 5-10 minutes. Print your ticket, slap it on the box, and wait for FedEx to come pick it up. Do NOT commit to it and immediately confirm it plus a bunch of others just because it shows in stock in your system, then go have a coffee, talk to your techs, place orders, then wait till the next day and beyond to go and realize you don't have the part and then either move on and say nothing or decide "Oh I might want to call DPAC". No. If you can't do it, call them same day. Like literal same day. Or do their chat option. If you contact them same day, they can reopen it back up and save everyone including yourself a heck of a headache. Otherwise, it takes a whole heck of a lot longer to complete get that other dealer the part all because you didn't take the 5-10 minutes to check adn then immediately contact DPAC. I know I know, it is a lot to ask of everyone to follow the protocols that GM has in place, but they are there for a reason. And yes, you have to contact DPAC. Trust me, I know, it is annoying waiting on hold for them when they get busy. I hate it too. Just freaking do it and save yourself and everyone else a bunch of mess and time later.
Last edited by FairyGodMother on Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FairyGodMother

Postby FairyGodMother » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:33 pm

AlanHomes wrote:

This brings up the most important point when sprinting a part. Before you commit to creating a shipping label, make sure you have the part and are willing to let it go. Once you commit to creating a shipping label, that's it, game over, stick a fork in it. SPAC case is closed. Even better, just make sure you have the part before selecting the SPAC case.

As long as you call them the same day you commit and confirm the SPAC case, call DPAC. They can reopen it. Takes like 2 minutes. Girl I talked to recently had it done within a couple of seconds. I didn't even have to go on hold or anything. She just clicked and it was done. Meanwhile when I was the one waiting for the part, the guy I talked to had to jump through what seemed like 50 hoops just to get me reset up because it required an escalation to a special type of case to prevent it from cancelling due to a duplicate VIN sitaution.
FairyGodMother

Next

Return to Parts Managers