Cunningham for parts?

Cunningham for parts?

Postby bsmith77327 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:27 pm

my gm came back from a 20 group meeting and said Several managers mentioned using Cunningham to get fast parts and they are recommended by GM. Do we use them? Thoughts
anyone using them and who are they?
bsmith77327

Re: Cunningham for parts?

Postby ScottParts » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:35 pm

I've called them a couple of times, never bought from them. Both times they wanted brand new prices for junk yard parts.
ScottParts

Postby PartScott » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:45 pm

Never had the desire to call them.

GCUS-9-14132 is one of the bulletins that talk about the "experienced parts" program.
PartScott

Postby Parts007 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:04 pm

Never purchased from them yet. I have requested 6 quotes from them just to say i've done it. They want big bucks for everything they have, probably 40% higher than a regular used auto parts place. I would reckon to say that GM is getting a cut of each Cunnigham sale.
Parts007

Postby AlanHomes » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:24 pm

My experience with Cunningham is this. I go out of my way to avoid calling them. Period. Have had problems returning parts, their offices are scattered about, it's just not local service in my viewpoint. Would rather call my local yard.
AlanHomes

Postby PartsOnBackorder » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:51 pm

We have attempted to utilized them 3 times ............... and that was 3 times WAY too many for their " experienced parts " They are abusing the hell out of the fact that GM now recommends them for the hard to reach parts and they are charging astronomically high prices for parts , right from the bulletin :

""" Parts pricing includes shipping and is dynamic. When Cunningham Brothers needs to acquire parts beyond what they have, due to high demand, the costs are reflected in the dealer price. Sometimes these prices will exceed dealer expectations, but they allow the dealer and customer a choice """

So the dealer and customer have to pay ( with our experiences ) upwards of 3x the MSP for a used ..... cough cough ...... Experienced Part ......... AND virtually no warranty . Our last instance with them was for a module that they ONLY had one of , yes it was 3x MSRP they wanted for it . When I asked about the warranty he said 60 days so I followed with , you only have 1 so what kind of warranty would I get ? They said we would refund you and you have to find another elsewhere .........

We no longer call them
PartsOnBackorder

Return to Parts Managers