ADI and changes

ADI and changes

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:41 pm

Our ADI announced today that they are moving to a "NetSuite", which involves them no longer sending invoices along with the parts, they will be sending a packing slip, and we will have to match them up after us printing them. I am being told that Michigan and Chicago are already on this program. Can anyone in those markets offer an opinion as to how it has worked out for you?
Thanks,
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Re: ADI and changes

Postby PartsOnBackorder » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:12 pm

curious who your ADI is and btw Get ready to rumble !!!!!!! The Oracle NetSuite application is a back end management system primarily used in Healthcare , Education and manufacturing . Their wholesale distribution platform that they are using this for literally gives them almost NO customizing options to assist in anything. Its supposed to be designed to optimize their and stream line their capabilities and scalability but instead your going to have whole host of issues that are going to frustrate you . When they rolled it out here they said the same line " oh its used at such and such " to my rebuddle then why the HELL is there so many problems ?!

Our ADI had switched to this absolute nightmare about 2 years ago . No invoices , No delivery BOL when the drive comes , just a pike of parts with little stickers to peel off . Wait there's more !!! Those little stickers have DEALER COST for the parts on them !!! God forbid you forget to take one off ( ask me how i know ) and the customer gets their parts and you forgot to pull one off . That customer then is in your face about why the you ripped them off ............. It took them 3 months of " custom software edits ) to NOT have cost shown on the stickers. Their back end system for their SOMA numbers if GOD awfully slow and clunky . Every sticker has a SOMA number that you have to input into your new web portal , convert it to an invoice then print your invoice ( Do your self a favor and talk with your ADI rep and have them email you every morning the route sheet with your getting , i had to force this on them ) . They also started charging services fee per invoice , LPO's and Purchase parts are EXTREMELY hard to differentiate now . The staff at the facility when call absolutely hate it because there's no real control on anything anymore . They make an order and prints in the back and it gets stickered when they can ............... yes when the can , when the system isn't down or hasn't double printed orders . Everything this system was supposed to be helping with like returns , slow moving , obsolescence and lost profits has actually caused more for them .

Yet we still have the LPO problem , of parts not getting paid a dime ( unless you lucky enough to have internal process of giving something to parts ) but we get to manage the mountain of it.
PartsOnBackorder

Postby jaybird62 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:55 pm

that sounds horrible... our adi changed delivery companies a few months ago.. every day i was short packages, it was impossible to deal with... finally got them to understand the problem... without invoices i cannot imagine..
jaybird62

Postby smoyer » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:33 pm

hope your roll out goes smoother than ours, it was horrible, no invoices sent to us , missing parts, they finally ironed out the bugs and works pretty good now. I get an email every morning with invoices, for LPO's and customer orders and any credits
smoyer

Postby mdishong » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:54 pm

See if you can get INVOICES emailed to you daily.
mdishong

Postby goodwrch » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Our ADI, Accessories of Chicago switched to NetSuite.

-Our driver gives us a BOL of what he drops off
-Both myself and my parts manager are emailed daily the invoices of what is being sent that day.

It was a bit clunky at first, but once we got used to the system, its just more more headache we have to deal with in the world of GM parts.
goodwrch

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:21 pm

I am also being told that we will now be receiving partial LPO orders. Currently we don't get the LPO's until the order is complete. How are you guys handling partial LPO orders? How are you tracking those and who contacts the customer to get them back in when a vehicle is delivered with missing LPO's?
Thanks,
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Return to Parts Managers