OVERNIGHT PARTS (GM)

OVERNIGHT PARTS (GM)

Postby jamhirschi » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:36 pm

My PDC is Denver(022). Order cutoff time. 3:00pm MST.
Does anyone know if it is possible to get a part that is in Denver(022) overnight from a different PDC if its after my 3:00 cutoff time?
jamhirschi

Re: OVERNIGHT PARTS (GM)

Postby jaybird62 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:47 pm

jamhirschi wrote:My PDC is Denver(022). Order cutoff time. 3:00pm MST.
Does anyone know if it is possible to get a part that is in Denver(022) overnight from a different PDC if its after my 3:00 cutoff time?

only way to know is to try it sadly... i have had them ship, and i have had them cancel..

make sure and watch for an answerback
jaybird62

Postby PartScott » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:00 pm

You may possibly be able to contact a SPAC agent and get it done (if you can find one of the few that are willing to help). Otherwise, it will follow order writing standards and write to your facing PDC.
PartScott

Postby Parts007 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:04 pm

We've changed shipment facilities by contacting SPAC. Some agents don't understand the concept or, at least, play dumb, and won't complete the task. Some agents will write a new order to a different facility than is in your chain. Example: when 087 was sucking pond water and holding the order for 4 weeks, we requested certain customer fascias to 022.
Parts007

Postby FairyGodMother » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:40 pm

So I will explain this to the best of my ability. If you have a part you need and you place it as a CSO1, it goes through the chain as they call it. If there is no stock in said chain, it sits on backorder at your admin facility. If you want it from any other location, you have to order it as a CSO3 which is overnight. Now, keeping that in mind, if it is after the cut off time (which last I heard all facilities have a cut off time of 4PM EST) then it will not ship out till the day after. So I order it today with it being 433 right now, it won't ship out until at the earliest tomorrow (which by the way, CSO3 does not guarantee it will ship out today, it just means it will ship out same day as it completes out processing which can take up to 24 hours. That is uncommon but it is how it is). So if you place your order as a CSO3, the only thing that would make it cancel is if it is a restricted part to your state/country/city (that is a whole different topic as a whole), there is zero stock anywhere at any shipping facilties (processing ones don't count. Stock there doesn't normally ship to us it ships to the shipping facilities. It may rarely ship from a processing but when I say rarely, I mean rarely) or the part can't be ordered overnight such as oversized/overweight parts or hazardous parts unless the stock is at 075. I feel your statement about the some agents thing, I call DPAC almost daily so I have gotten to know quite a few of the agents and there are some that make me hang up and try again, and then there are some that are a blessing straight from heaven. Also, the only way to get a part from a facility that isn't in your chain, is to order it CSO3. CSO1 only goes within the chain. Yes that means paying freight but well, no other option. It is what it is in that aspect.
FairyGodMother

Return to Parts Managers