WHAT TO DO IN THIS SITUATION?

WHAT TO DO IN THIS SITUATION?

Postby Brasco » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:04 pm

I have a bit of a problem on my hands and am needing some input on how to best handle the situation. Basically the service department is forgetting to order things from time to time and then makes it out like parts just did not order it which is not true. They bring us an approval quote when something is approved to order and I have a file with slots from A-Z alphabetically that we put the approval quote in after we order it. It seems so simple of a thing but they will ask about something weeks or months later and it will be something I don't have an approval for in the file and the service writer starts acting like they told us to order it and it's our fault and I'm like well where is the approval slip then? Now she has the gall to try to get us to initial or sign the quote when she brings it like she doesn't trust us. I have 29 years experience and never had this issue at all, she has been here 2 or 3 years tops and I don't know what to do about the situation, it is getting very frustrating. I am not gonna say 100% of the time I am right because I am only human but I can guarantee that 99% of the time I was not told to order when something like that happens, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Brasco

Re: WHAT TO DO IN THIS SITUATION?

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:05 pm

Is it possible to have her email the quotes to you? That pretty much eliminates he said/she said.
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Postby Parts007 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:10 pm

When I order something for service, I will hit their document with a "parts ordered" stamp. I will add a few tidbits of info, date, shipping facility, any misc. notes. I don't need to sign it because its my handwriting. If they come back months later and say, "where are these parts?", I will look at the document and look for my original stamp. When the stamp isn't there, I get the "deer in the headlight" look from the writer because they know they messed up.
Parts007

Postby smoyer » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:23 pm

if you don't use a program like mpi, or xtime were you can electronically keep proof of quotes being approved I would say email is the quickest way to solve the problem
smoyer

Postby ScottParts » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:23 pm

Parts007 wrote:When I order something for service, I will hit their document with a "parts ordered" stamp. I will add a few tidbits of info, date, shipping facility, any misc. notes. I don't need to sign it because its my handwriting. If they come back months later and say, "where are these parts?", I will look at the document and look for my original stamp. When the stamp isn't there, I get the "deer in the headlight" look from the writer because they know they messed up.

We use a stamp here, also. If it's not stamped, it wasn't ordered.
ScottParts

Postby FairyGodMother » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:43 pm

Honestly, create a form on google forms and if they want something ordered, it gets submitted on that form, you pull it up, save it how you want and then print out a copy, stamp it, and then file it. I also have an excel spreadsheet that I use to document all of my orders I have and their SPAC cases that I currently have on order so I don't need the internet to access it. Within it I have the order number linked to the copy of the request they sent for it. That way, no one can come to me and say "I told you to order this on this day". No you didn't, here is all the order requests submitted that day. Try again.
FairyGodMother

Postby X476 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:08 pm

We stamp the hard copy of RO with an "ordered" stamp and whichever Advisor stamps it initials it. No stamp not ordered PERIOD. We still have an advisor that will tell the customer that "Parts forgot to order" so on the E-mail notification the customer gets it shows order date and received date.
X476

Postby nelsong » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:32 am

your dms shoud have a format for entering and saving all this data ok
nelsong

Postby eberg2013 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:00 pm

I print 2 copies of the parts quotes and staple them both to the hard card. When the job is approved service hands one copy back with the stamped "Approved" on it. Tickets are then closed, and the hard card complete with all attached documentation is sent to the office to be scanned in. So, when service comes to me and says we told you to order this all I have to do is check the file. If I find two copies of the quotes attached to the hard card then I know it's a fib. Doesn't stop dishonest service advisors from simply throwing the second quote away. Usually, they are in too much of a rush to do this, hence why they forgot to give me the second quote in the first place. This has relieved 90% of the "I TOLD THEM TO ORDER IT" blame game for us.
eberg2013

Return to Parts Managers