PDC 33 = AMAZON FACILITY

Re: PDC 33 = AMAZON FACILITY

Postby jaybird62 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:13 pm

have gotten a few.. no packing slips with control numbers...

bad thing is we are a rural dealer.. our mail goes to a po box.. so all those boxes set at the post office until we go get them...
jaybird62

Postby dandanthepartsman » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:44 pm

We received a bible today, It had the gm parts via amazon shipping label on the package just like all the others do. We also keep getting other peoples amazon packages that live in the area around us, we nicely give them back but we could keep them who would know.
Will start filing shortage claims this weekend because I know we have not received 100% of everything that has shipped.
Sure it will be a fiasco like submitting sprint shortages or overnights that get delivered to wrong addresses. They state that we have a signature stating that you received it, when I get proof of the signature I tell them "no one with that name works here"

Time to pour myself a drink......
dandanthepartsman

Postby last8please » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:49 pm

My DMA sent me a power point on claims help for PDC 33, have not had to use yet, but if anyone wants shoot me an email: bbooth <at> markquart <dot> com include PDC 33 help in subject
last8please

Postby olepartsguy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:29 pm

AMAZON is also fulfilling CSO orders. Part was in our PDC so I expect next day and I told customer it would. It wrote out to PDC 33 (Amazon) now I have to wait 2 days maybe. Why does the PDC 33 show up first for me now. Why does it show a quantity but not my PDC? All you people that buy REPARLINKSHOP is part of the problem.

Now my customer can go to the catalog you have purchased for years for 100 or 200 a month to get a part number so they can purchase the part from AMAZON and get it quicker than you can get it to them.

I saw this coming right after I found out that Repairlink Shop gave out part numbers. I was one of the first dealers that had it in 2011. It was not used then because we still had a generation of Auto mechanics that liked to pick up the phone and talk to someone.

Now its the generation that communicates electronically only.
This is why repair link has taken off

What career path are you taking?
olepartsguy

Postby FairyGodMother » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:47 pm

olepartsguy wrote:AMAZON is also fulfilling CSO orders. Part was in our PDC so I expect next day and I told customer it would. It wrote out to PDC 33 (Amazon) now I have to wait 2 days maybe. Why does the PDC 33 show up first for me now. Why does it show a quantity but not my PDC? All you people that buy REPARLINKSHOP is part of the problem.

Now my customer can go to the catalog you have purchased for years for 100 or 200 a month to get a part number so they can purchase the part from AMAZON and get it quicker than you can get it to them.

I saw this coming right after I found out that Repairlink Shop gave out part numbers. I was one of the first dealers that had it in 2011. It was not used then because we still had a generation of Auto mechanics that liked to pick up the phone and talk to someone.

Now its the generation that communicates electronically only.
This is why repair link has taken off

What career path are you taking?

Your DMA more than likely added you to Project October. The get the order before our admin does now so ask your DMA to take you off if you don't want that to happen.
FairyGodMother

Postby olepartsguy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:14 pm

well he did not ask. this warehouse is in Romulus . which is the next city south of us.
olepartsguy

Postby FairyGodMother » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:42 pm

olepartsguy wrote:well he did not ask. this warehouse is in Romulus . which is the next city south of us.

033 is located in Seattle Washington. Is that what you are referring to or something else? And from what I am hearing from other dealers, and myself included, the DMAs seem to just be adding who they want to the list and not telling anyone. I know we never got asked to but we were and it has been nothing but a headache since then.
FairyGodMother

Postby jaybird62 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:05 pm

FairyGodMother wrote:
olepartsguy wrote:well he did not ask. this warehouse is in Romulus . which is the next city south of us.

033 is located in Seattle Washington. Is that what you are referring to or something else? And from what I am hearing from other dealers, and myself included, the DMAs seem to just be adding who they want to the list and not telling anyone. I know we never got asked to but we were and it has been nothing but a headache since then.

our local post office told my driver the other day they would no longer accept amazon packages due to an address dispute... i have been in contact with them i think there is a way to opt out of the amazon system... i am working on that and will post back if successful..
jaybird62

Postby FairyGodMother » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:29 pm

jaybird62 wrote:
FairyGodMother wrote:

our local post office told my driver the other day they would no longer accept amazon packages due to an address dispute... i have been in contact with them i think there is a way to opt out of the amazon system... i am working on that and will post back if successful..

Try asking your DMA. Mine has essentially disappeared and isn't returning any of my phone calls but from what I was told today and many times before, they are the ones who added us to this mess, they are the only ones who can remove us from it.
FairyGodMother

Postby jaybird62 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:50 pm

we have not had a dma in a year... i have been in contact with an amazon rep for gm and they say they can cancel it.. hopefully..
jaybird62

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers