PDC 33 = AMAZON FACILITY

PDC 33 = AMAZON FACILITY

Postby last8please » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:54 pm

notified by my DMA today that we will start seeing "mainly" backorders being filled at PDC 33 which is an Amazon facility. this facility was stocked during the strike and used to fill orders for wholesale customers and obviously not GM dealers. He did not have any info on what shipping is going to look like, but thought the facilities are located in California and will not come with normal shipping labels. also sounds like orders will refer there if your facing PDC doesn't have. Anyone else hear about this??
last8please

Re: PDC 33 = AMAZON FACILITY

Postby understatedone » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:30 pm

Heard about exact same thing today as well. Curious to see how it will go. Don't know why we don't use Amazon or another company for a lot more of fulfillment to be honest.
understatedone

Postby 2longinparts » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:36 pm

Received an answerback today. Part coming from facility 033. It's been on backorder since Oct 27th. Let the games begin!!!
2longinparts

Postby WhoParted » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:42 pm

Good luck, we have been on that program for a while now. CSO-3 orders take just as long as CSO-1. No way to track once it has been shipped and no ETA given. Worst program GM has had in a while
WhoParted

Postby AlanHomes » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:02 pm

last8please wrote:notified by my DMA today that we will start seeing "mainly" backorders being filled at PDC 33 which is an Amazon facility. this facility was stocked during the strike and used to fill orders for wholesale customers and obviously not GM dealers. He did not have any info on what shipping is going to look like, but thought the facilities are located in California and will not come with normal shipping labels. also sounds like orders will refer there if your facing PDC doesn't have. Anyone else hear about this??

Amazon in California? They will be out on smoke break
AlanHomes

Postby last8please » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:39 pm

orders started showing up thru US mail.
last8please

Postby ezgo » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:44 pm

received first part today 84801575 no packing slip just the part inside a Amazon bubble pack package
ezgo

Postby ScottParts » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:07 pm

I got 4 pieces today, delivered by Amazon, with the little 2x2 Amazon slip. GM labels, but not GM packaging.
ScottParts

Postby FairyGodMother » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:56 pm

From what I was told, yeah it is an Amazon facility but it is one that was obtained by GM during the strike to help with filling orders and they only had a small select few dealers on the list who the DMAs signed up for it. I being one of them. And about the CSO3 taking as long as CSO1 orders, that is actually a FedEx issue since it was actually announced on their website. I have a few connections in DPAC and they even sent me the direct link to the Fedex website that said they were going to be delayed for awhile since they are apparantly behind as all get out. Heck FedEx is so bad that some orders they are just sending on our weekly trucks even though they are CSO3 because FedEx quotes them significantly longer than what it would be on our trucks. Unless it is out of like I think Willow Run since that facility is super behind on orders from what I heard. My guess is lack of man power mixed with what DPAC said of a huge influx of overnight orders. At least we are seeing some hope post strike.
FairyGodMother

Postby Torgy » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:42 pm

we have just begun to receive some of these shipment in the mail. If the part falls off from RIM, is it returnable if it is the "ready to ship" green packages with the GM parts label on it?
Torgy

Next

Return to Parts Managers