Postby PartsDanager » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:19 pm

I have 4 of these on backorder dating back to last June. There was a bulletin about them that did not apply to any of ours that didn't require a part replacement, so yes, I know about that.

My service manager wants to help these people any way possible. I see some on ebay that are made and shipped from China, and I don't wanna go that route, considering the ETA is about the same as the one GM just released and I have doubts on the quality of the product.

Anyone find a good aftermarket alternative or take their chances on a used part?
PartsDanager

Re: 12691147

Postby dandanthepartsman » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:53 pm

I wish

We have had a volt down since July waiting for a warranty battery with no one interested in getting us one. 3 of these EGR valves from last year with no eta. We have replaced 5 2023 bolt batteries already that are not covered under recall, had one of our customers house burnt down due to the old recall.

My theory is that electric cars are going to be like cell phones, apple has no interest fixing your 2-3 year old phone, and just wants you to buy a new one sorry and about your bad luck. Used car lots are going to be full of them and why spend any money on a used one if the battery has like 30% life left and you just dropped 15k on it. No lie, we had a newly married couple, with new kids just bought a house and just made their first car purchase as a married couple. Bought a $12,000 2013 volt together from some fly by night used car lot. They had the car for 3 months and the battery had like 10% life left. We quote 20k replacement with no eta, (oh and by the way spiers will not price them anymore because its whatever they want to charge when they become available with no eta on when you will get one) The used car lot wouldn't let them lemon law since it was 3 months, this young poor just starting out family was crushed. $12,000 down the drain. I would never ever ever buy a used hybrid or fully electric because the life expectancy isn't 10 years and when they are dead what are they worth then?

Any car manufacturer that bucks the electric car trend will be the most profitable for years to come because the demand for gas engines will skyrocket. Remember when cars used to be passed down to your kids? This will not happen with electric cars. "Thanks dad! I now have a yard ornament that no one wants" Does anyone want to buy my black berry from 10 years ago? I have an old nokia phone from 15 years agoi anyone interested? At least gas vehicles maintain some value I could still sell a 2002 pontiac aztek for a few grand as long as the engine still ran.

Thanks Biden and Barra!
dandanthepartsman

Postby Denise Trimble » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:46 pm

Currently unsustainable all the way around. Pitiful for the customers who felt they were doing right for the environment, yet can't repair or recharge their vehicle for reasons beyond their control. There's more, but I'm only one person.
Denise Trimble

Postby satguy » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:59 pm

And the shops that have them "On hold for a customer" , lets get them off your shelf and into cars. Call your customer. You could have sold it for list to any of us by now.
satguy

Postby FairyGodMother » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:54 pm

Just as a heads up, supplier is shipping out more than enough to cover spac cases by the end of the week this week. Or so they claim. The previous supplier seems to have been very undependable and kept saying they would ship stuff out but then never did so GM has a new one now. Might be switching to part number 19436113 soon.
FairyGodMother

Postby PartsDanager » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 pm

Thank you!
PartsDanager

Postby FairyGodMother » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:00 pm

PartsDanager wrote:Thank you!

Just got an update on this part. Sounds like this source is about as reliable as the last. Might want to ask Partech if that other part will work for you unless you already got one. The agent I got today was a bit hard to understand but from what she said they have some scheduled to ship out the end of the week this week but that was what I was told last time. She then tried to tell me mine would be covered but from my experience from what someone I could understand said is they can see our place in line, but it is only updated once a day at midnight and so they aren't supposed to go off that since that can change at any point in time in the day just by someone simply adding a SPAC case that gets thrown ahead of us for whatever reason. So I will not go by what the agent today said. If you ask me, sounds like GM has a couple of different teams for DPAC. One based in Saginaw, and one based outside of the US. They need to get rid of the ones outside of the US already because they are utterly useless half the time.
FairyGodMother

Postby olepartsguy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:38 pm

I had a harness on backorder since august. it still showed up on the spac case report. i said F_ck it and cancelled it and reordered . I received it a week later. Nice processes gm.
olepartsguy

Postby FairyGodMother » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:24 pm

PartsDanager wrote:I have 4 of these on backorder dating back to last June. There was a bulletin about them that did not apply to any of ours that didn't require a part replacement, so yes, I know about that.

My service manager wants to help these people any way possible. I see some on ebay that are made and shipped from China, and I don't wanna go that route, considering the ETA is about the same as the one GM just released and I have doubts on the quality of the product.

Anyone find a good aftermarket alternative or take their chances on a used part?

There is almost 2000 scheduled to ship from the source by the end of this week from what I was told by a DPAC agent and will apparantly cover all current SPAC cases and back orders in general.
FairyGodMother

Return to Parts Managers