Headline - Newly Added Parts Sold in Distribution Packs – Ef

Headline - Newly Added Parts Sold in Distribution Packs – Ef

Postby PartsDanager » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 pm

84135650 GASKET 5 4/1/2024
23135645 OUTLET 15 4/1/2024
11516076 NUT 10 4/1/2024
12621505 ACTUATOR 5 4/1/2024

I understand nuts and even some filters, but I've gotta buy 5 $100 actuators to get one? These distribution packs seem to be getting more expensive. What's the point here, other than GM increasing it's initial sale, making it unreturnable, and turning us into mini PDCs?

RIM is a worse deal for the dealer every year. The algorithm is working.
PartsDanager

Re: Headline - Newly Added Parts Sold in Distribution Packs

Postby AlanHomes » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:36 am

What is even more screwed up is when one of these part numbers backorders for a customer a SPAC case becomes a real pain in the ass to assign. Vehicle only uses one but since they are in bulk packs it takes a phone call to the call center located God knows where or a chat, wasting precious time.
AlanHomes

Postby Denise Trimble » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:28 pm

I don't believe it has ever been about the algorithm, only GM's cash flow. Dealers are the buffalo nickels GM is squeezing until we shit.
Denise Trimble

Postby PartsDanager » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:14 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:I don't believe it has ever been about the algorithm, only GM's cash flow. Dealers are the buffalo nickels GM is squeezing until we shit.

I mean that the algorithm is designed only in the name of GM's cash flow
PartsDanager

Postby FairyGodMother » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:50 pm

AlanHomes wrote:What is even more screwed up is when one of these part numbers backorders for a customer a SPAC case becomes a real pain in the ass to assign. Vehicle only uses one but since they are in bulk packs it takes a phone call to the call center located God knows where or a chat, wasting precious time.

From what an agent told me a few dayts ago they have 2 call centers. One out of the country that has about half their phone and chat agents, and one that is based in Michigan but those agents are all work from home since the pandemic so they are located pretty much across the country. I know I got a call from someone who had the thickets southern accent (I think her name was Mandy or Amanda or something) I have ever heard to update me on an escalation I had but then I have had people like Angela or Sarah call and they have very northern US midwest region accents. You can easily see when you use chat if it is one of the US based ones just by looking at the name. I had Queeny the other day (I would bet anything that was out of the US) and then Joel earlier this week (more than likely out of the US only because of the way he "talked" was broken english). Nothing against them I promise, but I have gotten misinformed more by those agents, than the US ones.
"
FairyGodMother

Return to Parts Managers