Manual Bump eliminated after 2024 and not renewed

Manual Bump eliminated after 2024 and not renewed

Postby joecool17 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 pm

Hello everyone. So I received the update from GM a few days ago that they are dropping from 12% to 10% for manual Bump claims effective May 1,2024. In addition, Manual Bump will be eliminated at the conclusion of the 2024 program and not renewed for 2025. So, is Collision Link my only option for processing claims? We are a small dealer with a Body Shop who loves aftermarket parts. I have been able to keep them fairly happy throughout the years. They do not like extra work, so I have always taken care of their claims for them. I have watched a short video from OEC about Collision Link, but I am also curious to its costs. I don't do a ton of claims, so I am wondering if it's even worth it. Also, not even sure the Body Shop would want to learn a new program. I have used it in the last dealership I worked, and never really had any issues with it. I am sure it's changed a bit since then. Please let me know what your thoughts are. Any feedback is appreciated, Thank you!
joecool17

Re: Manual Bump eliminated after 2024 and not renewed

Postby PartsPlant81 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:53 pm

Same here. Small dealer and we don't even have an internal body shop anymore so I'm going to lose the ability to do BUMP claims in 2025.
No reason for me to pay whatever they are charging for Collision Link at this point since we only have a couple of wholesale body shop customers and no internal shop anymore.

This is just another way to force dealers to pay the astronomical fee to have collision link in my opinion.

Catering to the big boys again and hurting the small dealers like us. :cry:
PartsPlant81

Return to Parts Managers