GM's "NEW" PART STATUS = "NOT AN ACTIVE PART"

GM's "NEW" PART STATUS = "NOT AN ACTIVE PART"

Postby greenthumb-38 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:38 pm

We are seeing this more and more, that a part changes to a new number and it is either "not an active part" or is a "future part".

Many of these, or rather most of these, cannot be ordered and the part history has been wiped clean (2019 GMC Acadia electric steering gear, GM#85692882, as an example, or a 2020 Sierra NAV SD-card - GM#86531532). Since they are not an active part and since there is no old number, DPAC cannot place an order. I had a similar issue with a Hummer EV assist step component last December, but that ended up being a catalog error that had not been corrected. I was told that the Acadia steering gear was also a catalog usage error.

Are we just hitting the odd part or two that happens to have this situation going on, or are others seeing the happen on a regular basis ??

things seem to be getting worse and worse... ??

Is the sky falling ??

- gt
greenthumb-38

Re: GM's "NEW" PART STATUS = "NOT AN ACTIVE PART"

Postby Denise Trimble » Thu May 02, 2024 12:43 pm

I am noticing a lot of part number changes without notification. Better yet, some of the parts show up with the original part number. I have two backorders that send the same part number change answerback a couple times per week!

I have several backorders dating to 6/8/2023 and can see all the info in PWB+. I have one from 1/17/2024 that completely disappeared (in PWB+) until I got in a DPAC chat to find out what happened to it: The agent stated the order "was too old" and he reinstated the ability for me to look at it.

The sky is falling, indeed.
Denise Trimble

Return to Parts Managers