Adding new parts on ADP

Adding new parts on ADP

Postby joe r » Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:37 pm

Is there any way to set ADP to default to a bin location (SP-ORD. TEST, SOP) when
adding new parts? I have it set to default to my phase-in source but it always prompts for bin. ADP tells me it can't be done.

Joe R

------------------
joe r

Adding new parts on ADP

Postby Chuck Hartle » Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:54 pm

Hi Joe,

Unfortunately, you can't... Not that we know of. You can add the "BIN" field to your new parts add prompts through MSNP so that your counterpeople will get that prompt and enter it in, but there is no way such as ERA Program 2322 where you can set up a default bin location.

You might tell you counterpeople, to save confusion and time, to enter just a specific letter (such as "A" for add) and then you can go into the Batch Change program in PM and select all parts with BIN = A and change them to whatever you want... Just a thought that some of our clients are doing....

Chuck Hartle'

[This message has been edited by Chuck Hartle (edited 10-07-2002).]

Chuck Hartle

Adding new parts on ADP

Postby scotstrong » Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:18 am

If you always, always want to use the same bin location when you add parts you can set up a "hot key" (if your terminal has the capability) to populate this field (and any others that require manual input) with a single keystroke. For example, you could program the (shift)F1 key with necessary values and carriage returns, etc. required to complete the entries prompted. This will work with an ADP508 terminal or most any PC using reflections.
scotstrong

Adding new parts on ADP

Postby CLP » Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:52 pm

You could also have your personnel enter their initials (i.e. CLP). You could still 'batch' change the bins as mentioned above, but if you had any questions about the part, you would have the ID of the employee entering the part. Of course, you have to have faith that they can remember their initials ...
CLP

Return to Parts Managers