RIM Low Price Parameters

RIM Low Price Parameters

Postby Northern Jay » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:17 pm

I am newly registered to this BB but a long time follower and reader as well as past subscriber to various offerings from Dealers Edge and attendee of Mike Nicholes Seminars. I have now been a RIM dealer for one year. I am interested to know if anyone has any experience with the "low price parameters" of RIM? Perhaps Mike Nicholes or some other competent source can shed some light on this part of the RIM program. From what I have read and been able to get from GM it seems to be a scaled down version of EOQ. It just has less available breaks or levels. One of the downsides of the RIM program (and there are both good and bad) is that the flexibility that you have in ADP or R&R with regard to adding days supply to specific part numbers or sources is not available through RIM in an efficient manner, in my opinion. You can call your DA and have them arbitrarily adjust the lead time on a group of parts from a specific AWC code based on where the part comes from but in doing so you will add days supply to all parts that are sourced from that PDC or source based on cost with a maximum cost of $6 Canadian or $5 US. The result of this "downside of RIM" is that you seem to stock more of the parts with a lower demand but the stuff you used to have lots of (like CPP parts) is what you run out of. I, being now somewhat comfortable with the overall understanding of RIM, feel I am ready to try using the "low price parameter" function of RIM to try and combat this problem and I'm looking for some guidance or suggestions.

If RIM is where GM is going, and I think we all agree they are, we are better to embrace it and learn to use it to our Dealership and Customer's best advantage and, in doing so, our own advantage. There certainly is some merit to RIM's objective and it seems to be endorsed by some very reputable people.

Thoughts???
Northern Jay

Return to Parts Managers