Chucks Article in The Parts Manager

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:09 pm

Chuck,
I read your article in The Parts Manager concerning open architecture. I don't use Rex's RVST program, (I wrote something of my own that accomplishes the pretty much the same thing), but I do use his ANSR program for ADP. This program gives you easy access to any DCS files on your system. When running it from ADP's Reflection you can print all invoices to a running text file, right now I have all invoices for the last 2 years in a text file that can be searched for a certain phrase or part number. This saves a ton of time when it comes to filing claims for damage and such. I must admit prior to this I used to weigh whether it was worth the time to search out the invoice on a low dollar item, now it takes about 15 seconds to find any part on any invoice from the last two years.
I am not putting this up here as an Ad for Powerprograms, but more of a seque in to hear if anybody out there has any other tips on programs or processes that have made them more efficient.

Thanks,
Gerry Laughlin
Gerry Laughlin

Postby Chuck Hartle » Thu Jun 13, 2002 3:44 pm

Hi Gerry,

Love it! Print would not allow me to cover all the innovative and custom stuff that is out there. The article probably came off as a pro "ADP" article for open architecture, but I am hoping that the computer vendors would take a serious look at some of this stuff and make some changes that can save a lot of time.

It seems like so much of the new programs we have seen are all about "Glitz" instead of process. I will tell you that Reynolds is listening and making some good changes to some of their processes. Look for them some time in the fall.

Gerry, it is ideas like yours that can be a huge advantage in sales and time savings for parts managers today! Maybe this thread will get a lot of different variations and processes that we are using today.

Thanks,

Chuck Hartle'
PartsEdge

Chuck Hartle

Return to Parts Managers