Goodwrench Service Plus

Goodwrench Service Plus

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:12 am

I am trying to find out if I am slipping in my old age or what.
Back in '95 when I went to the Goodwrench Service Plus roll out meeting, where the question of lifetime warranty on GSP parts installed under an extended warranty was specifically addressed as not being covered. Now I am told that if a part is put on under an extended warranty, it is covered under the lifetime warranty program. Does anybody know of a bulletin or such that I missed?

Gerry Laughlin

[This message has been edited by Gerry Laughlin (edited 10-03-2002).]

Gerry Laughlin

Goodwrench Service Plus

Postby kenm » Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:10 pm

nope, for the customer to get a lifetime warr on a part, the customer must purchase the part, not a service contract.
kenm

Goodwrench Service Plus

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:16 pm

Kenm,
It is covered (I have a sheet from GSP headquarters saying so). I am just trying to find out if they changed the rules and I missed it or they changed the rules and did not tell anyone. (At least I know I am not the only one they slipped this by.)
Gerry

[This message has been edited by Gerry Laughlin (edited 10-03-2002).]

Gerry Laughlin

Goodwrench Service Plus

Postby al » Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:50 pm

Sometime back 2 maybe 3 years ago there was an admin message concening this. If the part was paid by and extended warr they got the lifetime warr. Also if GM goodwilled the part and the customer particpated they also got the lifetime warr.

Alan
al

Goodwrench Service Plus

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:48 am

Well, that pretty much explains it. Those didn't start making it to me till last year. It seems like that is something that should have made it on to a parts bulletin. Had I known about the change in the program I probably would have quit the program.

Thanks,
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Return to Parts Managers