GM's D2D Express

GM's D2D Express

Postby gmpartsmanager » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:01 pm

jimt01

i will give you call monday to see about setting that up.

thanks

gmpartsmanager

GM's D2D Express

Postby jimt01 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:56 pm

Tazz, it's just me and a counterman and he isn't very computer literate and really doesn't care to become. For the most part I a checking them myself (not compaining just commenting. My timing must just be off because the one that I did have a chance at was a local dealer (5 miles) that called before he set up the spac case and my counterman answered the phone call and then I saw the hit on "express"
jimt01

GM's D2D Express

Postby jimt01 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:57 pm

gm sounds good if possible make it before 10am eastern time or after 1pm, a very long managers meeting
jimt01

GM's D2D Express

Postby JDeere » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:30 pm

Maybe I'm missing something.

I know that the sale of merchandise is what keeps the doors open but isn't the purpose of SPRINT and D2D the supply of merchandise that isn't available through normal channels? If GM doesn't have a part, I'm sure they are only concerned about how fast it can be located and how little they can pay to get it to the dealer. I'm confident they are not at all concerned which dealer makes the sale. Not all manufacturers even help dealers locate the part, much less pay anything toward the transfer of the merchandise. Most manufacturers are looking at cutting costs. When you look at the fact that GM stock is now considered Junk it doesn't surprise me that they would be interested as well. D2D probably does favor larger dealers but it is accomplishing it's purpose.

If I have a piece that is current and in short supply, I'm not interested in selling it at 13% profit much less delivering it at that price. The only way I'm a player is if I want to get rid of the part.

Just like all changes, D2D needs more time before a total condemnation. It probably does need changes from it's original form. The question is whether those changes can be presented to GM in a way in which they will listen and respond.

Keep an open mind and offer solutions, not just criticism based on a "what's in it for me" attitude.

No I'm not with GM as a matter of fact I have very limited experience with GM but I have been in automobile retail for almost 40 years.

My 2 cents worth.... I'm sure there are those of you who feel it is overpriced.

JDeere
JDeere

GM's D2D Express

Postby jimt01 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:12 am

OK I'll be the first one to admit "I may have jumped the gun on this", also it may be in the notification modifications I made. I have two confirmed sales in one day. Not that they have been big sales but it is atleast there have been hits.

Jim
jimt01

GM's D2D Express

Postby Richard » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:52 am

One other thing, go into your Email settings, and make sure you are checking for mail at least once every 5 minutes. I set mine for once a minute, because somebody beat me out again this morning on a nearly 2 yr old part.
Richard

GM's D2D Express

Postby jimt01 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:55 pm

I've got mine set up for text message on my cell phone. SO far so good 5 hits 4 sales.

[This message has been edited by jimt01 (edited 08-22-2005).]

jimt01

GM's D2D Express

Postby jimt01 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:43 pm

richard what was it?
jimt01

GM's D2D Express

Postby partsguy12 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:34 pm

It appears that the "big boys" are skipping over the low dollar items... I have had 6 sales in 2 days, and d/n was under $15 on all of them. Think about it... On a $10 item, they are going to pay you $1.50 to package and ship the part??? Not worth our time!

We don't have an obsolescence problem, so this is not helping us sell junk.

I called D2D, and the lady said that they were "forwarding all comments to programming", so I said "how about changing the "refresh" to 1 minute from 5 minutes". She said "you can just click on the refresh button". Suureeeeee, like I have nothing else to do, but watch a screen all day!
partsguy12

GM's D2D Express

Postby thepartsguy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:37 pm

i think they should put an alert on d2d express because not everyone has time to watch it all day long missed 4 today.
thepartsguy

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers