Physical inventory outsourced?

Postby Bot » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:53 pm

I am in Virginia and do not know who to call to do our annual inventory. We normally do it ourselves but they want an outside company to do it this year. Any recommendations? Thanks.
Bot

Postby GMCANADA » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:24 pm

How 'bout these people?
http://eastcoastdsi.com/
GMCANADA

Postby possum » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Ask your controller or office manager to contact the company CPA. They usually have a list of approved companies that can perform a "certified" physical inventory. Just be sure you have your ducks in a row before they get there, because they will report directly to your owner.

Been there several times, but it's been 12 years since we last needed one (I think the bank required one for a capital improvement loan)
possum

Postby DCAREY » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:22 am

S.H FERRIS CONSULTANTS,INC.
315-593-4800
shf.stan@gmail.com
They do a great job,They travel all over the country doing only Automotive Inventories,Certified professionals.
DCAREY

Postby cville1987 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Just make sure they are automotive trained for inventory. They had REGIS come do ours once. Oh Em Gee!!! Those little bags of injector o-rings that are actually 1 piece? Oh yeah, they counted every o-ring and on and on and on. Took us weeks of adjustments and bin counts and hunting to get it right. Never really did get fixed until the next inventory.
cville1987

Postby onelap99 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:01 pm

Superior Inventories, Inc
(904)251-4678
superiorinv@bellsouth.net

Call David Crane. Has been doing it for years and uses parts people, not hamburger flippers. That makes all the difference in getting a good count.
onelap99

Re: Physical inventory outsourced?

Postby johnnydoughert » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:09 pm

There are several things you need to consider before you start an e-commerce business like building-out your online shop, developing your marketing and sales, keeping track of product inventory, fulfilling customer orders and so on. It has helped me expand my business to amazing heights and grow customer relations. I have worked with them for a few months now and have been completely satisfied. I suggest to learn the system, you really need to learn the business, meaning functionally learn the business.
johnnydoughert

Postby mdishong » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:39 pm

Jack @ Straubs Inventory

717-324-5298

I have used them for over 20 years - highly recommend
mdishong

Postby MSInventory » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:21 pm

If you have any trouble getting one set-up, let me know. I will say that this year is booked but I do have January dates available.
41+years in the dealership parts business. 20 years performing physicals on the weekends.

Mark
"The worst thing a Parts Manager can do is to fall in love with his parts."
MSInventory

Return to Parts Managers