DAMAGED TOYOTA PARTS FROM CATD

Postby radfahrer » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:55 am

I WOULD LIKE TO BUILD A FILE TO SUBMIT TO CATD ABOUT PARTS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT TO THE DEALERS. I WOULD APPRECIATE EMAILS WITH INFORMATION SUCH AS THE TYPE OF DAMAGE, THE TYPE OF PARTS DAMAGED, DIGITAL PICTURES IF POSSIBLE, AND ANY STEPS YOU'VE TAKEN WITH TOYOTA. OH, ALSO, WHAT FREIGHT CARRIER MAKES YOUR DELIVERIES. APPARENTLY 1 DEALER COMPLAINING IS NOT ENOUGH SO I WOULD LIKE TO COMPILE A MASS OF INFORMATION TO BE GIVEN TO MY REP AND MAILED TO DAVID SLOAN AT THE DEPOT. ALL INFORMATION I COLLECT WILL BE COPIED TO ALL THE CONTRIBUTORS AND I LOOK FOR SUGGESTIONS OR STATEMENTS FROM ALL

THANK YOU,

PLEASE SEND INFO TO:
dwsinc@adelphia.net
radfahrer

Postby MWING » Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:35 pm

We have been having more problems in the last 6 months or so. Central Delivery is our carrier. Our DSPM was in today and we were discussing the problem. I don't think he is going to be much help with this matter. Terrie Clause is the person we need to work with when we believe the problem lies with the carrier. We spend 15-20 min every morning repackaging fenders, hoods,and bumper covers.
I believe this is because of rough handling by our carrier. We have been having problems with wet box's. There have been times when there is little left of box because of water damage. We haven't received a answer to this problem yet.
I think our biggest problem is with the way things are packaged. Some things are over packed and others, it's incredible it makes it to us in one piece.
I think you are correct when you say this needs to be a joint effort. I know not everyone out there has the use of a digital camera and the capability to send the photos via e-mail, but I think that is the way to go. They all have e-mail and I know they all check it everyday.
Mark
MWING

Return to Parts Managers