EDS Info

EDS Info

Postby DS » Sun Dec 23, 2001 5:30 pm

Does anyone have some info on EDS? I have walked into a site with little / no info on EDS. I know that Saturn Dealers use EDS, but just about everyone else (including me) uses R&R or ADP. Help!!!

D.
DS

EDS Info

Postby Richard » Mon Dec 24, 2001 8:45 am

What info do you need? I am a GM parts manager on EDS/EDS Parts Imager. Will try to help.
Richard

EDS Info

Postby DS » Wed Dec 26, 2001 9:38 am

Thanks,

Right now I need to know how to manually receipt into stock - without using ordering... with being able to adjust cost price. My predecessor (whom is no longer with the company) used to receipt stock by doing on hand adjustments which is about as wrong as you can get. He didn't use the ordering screen and so I need to manually receipt purchases. However, I can't go by my factory tapes as I buy below Dealer Net. I am playing a game of catch up . I am booked into some EDS training however that isn't happening for a few more weeks yet and I need catch up this paperwork now.

Any information is appreciated.
DS

EDS Info

Postby kenm » Thu Dec 27, 2001 12:17 pm

I am sorry to tell you, but what you want to do can not be done on EDS. you can manually reciept parts, but not change their cost.
to do this you go to the Parts Maintenance Menu, select work with parts.
Then, press F2 and the manual recipt screen appears. enter quantity and part number, press F5 to update. We then make a note of the difference on the invoice and adjust the discount line on the doc. hope this helps
Ken
kenm

EDS Info

Postby DS » Thu Dec 27, 2001 12:40 pm

Thanks Ken
DS

EDS Info

Postby mbowers » Wed Jan 02, 2002 10:35 am

Don't forget there is an EDS users forum on this site.

Matt Parsons will make sure your question gets answered by an EDS resident expert.

mbowers

Return to Parts Managers