R&R Special order

R&R Special order

Postby Jaybee » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:13 pm

On occaision my service department will ask me to order a part after the customer has left. Once in a great while however,I will already have the part in stock. Usually it is an AP part that just does not have enough history to re-stock. If it is a normal stock part I usually just change my transaction code to SB and just order it. What I would like to be able to do hovever is to put this AP or NS part in the special order system. This way the system could generate a postcard to send. Also the servce advisors will call people off a special order list to make an appointment. Does anyone have a good work-around for this?
Thanks in advance for your help!
John

[This message has been edited by Jaybee (edited 08-15-2005).]

Jaybee

R&R Special order

Postby AKTOYPM » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:46 pm

In similar situations I put in order type "zdonotord"
this will put it at the end of 2052 if you search by order type.
You will however have to post it in 2062 and 2010 it back out.
Otherwise it will never hit any 6910 reports for service call backs.
If you remove the special order in 2533 it will also remove it from 6910 reports that revolve around posted special orders.
This is my work around, If there is a better way I would love to read it.
AKTOYPM

R&R Special order

Postby petepuma01 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:33 pm

Jaybee/AKTOYPM-- do you you use an impact/dot matrix printer or a laser printer for your special order postcards?
petepuma01

R&R Special order

Postby Jaybee » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:17 pm

I use a laser with Intellipath.
John
Jaybee

R&R Special order

Postby AKTOYPM » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:05 pm

Yeah we have it all too.
AKTOYPM

R&R Special order

Postby petepuma01 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:46 pm

OK- if you were using impact printers, I might have a suggestion.
petepuma01

R&R Special order

Postby JDeere » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:19 pm

Reynolds and Reynolds

You did say: "Once in a great while however,I will already have the part in stock".

Have the service advisor create an appointment (in R&R not just on a paper log book). Apply the part to the appointment. Screen print that information and make a note on it to re-stock after mm/dd/yy, pull the part and attach the screen print. Put the part in the appropiate special order bin (ours are by the last digit of the order or appointment document).

When a part is allocated on an appointment, it can be seen in 2525 "Q" or 2030. It is up to you as to your policy on when a "reserved" part can be sold. I believe it no longer shows on hand but does show as available (not sure).

Call the customer, identify yourself as the service manager or the shop foreman. Advise them their part has arrived and to come in any time and that you will take care of it while you wait. If there is any problem just ask for me (the service manager's or shop foreman's name).

The service advisors should check their appointments daily and check on any parts or parts orders and make confirmation calls to the customer.

If he doesn't ..... shame on him.
The problem will cease.
JDeere

Return to Parts Managers