chrysler radio upgrade

chrysler radio upgrade

Postby jimm » Sat Mar 03, 2001 11:47 pm

I have about 75 am/fm no/cassette radios that were taken out of new car as a result of upgrading to am/fm with cassette. I'd like to know what other chrys. dealers are doing whith these radios. I hate to throw away radios that are practically new. i'd sell them for $5-$10 if i could find a buyer.If anyone has a good idea for getting rid of these please let me know, I really need the bin that they are in for more stock.
jimm

chrysler radio upgrade

Postby Chuck Hartle » Sun Mar 04, 2001 10:18 am

Jim,

Doesn't Chrysler take these AM/FM Radios back under the Chrysler upgrade program? They used to take them back at $75 a radio as long as they were out of current models. Did you cover your costs when you upgraded these radios?
If you can, consider putting an ad in the pennysaver catalog or in the newspaper offering these radios cheap. Unless things have change in the last year, these radios will retrofit back with a small harness to 1997 and 1998 Chrysler vehicles.
First and foremost, if they are current Chrysler radios, I would look at the upgrade program to see if they are eligible for return.

Chuck Hartle'
PartsEdge

[This message has been edited by Chuck Hartle (edited 03-04-2001).]

Chuck Hartle

Return to Parts Managers