GM ACCT #

GM ACCT #

Postby partsmandean » Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:57 pm

I've never been at a dealership where they use the GOG, so I can't really say that I prefer the way that we're doing it, I only know that my control over the inventory of bulk fluids is consistently within acceptable over/under percentages. The way that I go about this is to make parts kits for all of the fluids and they get relieved from inventory accordingly. For example: PF59 oil filters get 6 quarts of oil charged to the job along with the filter at the same price that a PF47 along with 5 quarts gets charged out. 2 gallons of antifreeze for the parts kit for a coolant flush. 20 quarts of trans fluid for a trans flush, etc. Now I know that there are those of you out there who disagree with the profit being split amongst parts and service for this, but if the service dept wasn't there, we would have no need for bulk fluids in the first place. Therefore, they 'should' get a cut of the profits for the sale of these fluids. Also, sure you're right, we don't make anything to speak of selling 6 quarts of oil for the same price as 5, but it keeps menu pricing easy and my inventory of the bulk oil remarkably close. Parts kits are a fantastic inventory control item as well, but that's another topic isn't it?
partsmandean

GM ACCT #

Postby PucHed » Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:18 pm

The main reason I like bulk oil in 242 is for the split. In order to keep percentages within respectable ranges, you can't split bulk oil with service, it lowers them too much. Of course the smaller your dealership, the bigger this problem is, in a smaller store, maintenance is going to be a higher percentage of your services, therefor your percentages will go down further. I think that anything not in the warehouse should go into 244 including freon, if it is not charged out to 061D.
PucHed

Previous

Return to Parts Managers