Chrysler Advance/Exchange Radio Orders

Postby Inkman » Wed Nov 21, 2001 8:10 am

Chrysler has what they call Function 11 Advance/Exchange Orders for radios and certain other (mostly VIN specific) electronic components. The system works pretty well when everything's done correctly, but if anything goes wrong it can be very difficult to get it straightened out. There isn't a central phone number to call to get help. You have to make a minimum of 3 phone calls to get support. I was talking with my Chrysler Service rep. about this and he agreed that it was a problem but he couldn't tell me what to do about it. Does anyone have any information or suggestions that might make this problem a little less of a pain?
Inkman

Postby joe r » Mon Nov 26, 2001 3:52 pm

The Function 11 system has many flaws. If you don't return the core in 60 days, of course, you are billed back. But you receive many warnings.
The orders are difficult to trace if they are not radios from your regional repair center. A lot of instrument clusters are shipped from Flight Systems (248)577-2610
They are very helpful even if it is not their cluster.
The worst problem in my opinion is when DCX does not receive a labor claim on the same repair order number you used to order the unit and you are billed back. This requires you to billed the labor claim on the original RO and do the actual installation at no charge. I don't understand what difference it makes which RO the labor claim is on. If that happens there was a guide a few months back in the warranty newsletter for appealing the charge
back.

GPOP Radio Claim Appeal Process:

1. Write a new claim.
2. Use the replacement LOP at N/C (if labor
has already been paid).
3. Use "NPN" as a part number for the radio.
4. Price the part ant the amount the dealer
was billed divided by 1.4.
If the dealer was billed $225 of radio,
$225 / 1.4 = $160.71.
When the claim is submitted, it will
price the part at $225 after mark-up.

Hope this formula is helpful in getting some of your charge-backs paid.

Joe R

------------------
joe r

Return to Parts Managers