GM RSG Parts

GM RSG Parts

Postby MARK9957 » Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:17 am

I am new to GM and am trying to find a way to handle the RSG parts. For example I want stock a part on the RSG list after one hit instead of waiting for the usual three. I can't figure out how to get R&R to do it for me, I have to keep manually reviewing the list. Do I have to put the entire list in a special source and then code it so at the end of the month the automatic source breakout doesn't move them all around on me?

Thanks for any advice.....Mark
MARK9957

GM RSG Parts

Postby Chuck Hartle » Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:55 am

I would suggest just that. Create a separate source or two for your RSG parts. One for phase-in test purposes and the other for active RSG parts in your inventory. This way you can set up your RSG parts to phase-in at 1 in 12 or 1 in 9 on their own. If you don't want to track the RSG active parts separately in another source, once the parts have phased-in, move them into your general source and I might suggest you use BIN2 or COMMENT to put RSG so that you can identify them from there.

Remember, if you decide to isolate the parts into one or two sources, make sure the update code in 2323 Option 11 is set to "2". This will update all your fields from the master tape, but not move the parts into any other sources.

Chuck Hartle'
Chuck Hartle

GM RSG Parts

Postby petepuma01 » Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:56 am

1) Move your RSG parts into a separate source.

2) Set up the source phase in parameters to phase in after 1 hit (line 5 in 2323).

3) Set your minimum order quantities (line 9 in 2323) to have a minimum order quantity of 1.

4) Set the update code (line 11 in 2323) to '2'. This means that parts will be updated from the master but will not be moved from the source.

You will want a separate source for these parts since you wouldn't want the rest of your inventory to phase in after 1 hit.

If you're on Era release 5.0 or above, you can use 2109 MASS CHANGE OF SELECTED FIELDS to move all of your RSG parts to another source. You just need to make a 6910 Report Generator report that lists all of the parts to get the system to move the parts.

Let me know if you need more help with this.
petepuma01

Return to Parts Managers