PBS Computer Vendor

PBS Computer Vendor

Postby checkme » Sun Jul 23, 2000 6:37 pm

Thanks to Mike Davis and Chuck Hartle for answering my questions on the Auto Soft company computer system. It seems from those answers that we are best to stay with R&R, but to satisfy our curiosity I would like to know if you have any expierence with a computer vendor named PBS. What can you tell me about their system and how it stacks up aganist R&R. Thanks!
checkme

PBS Computer Vendor

Postby Chuck Hartle » Mon Jul 24, 2000 1:25 am

You got me. I have heard very little about PBS. A dealer in Central California told me they converted to it and had terrible results. However, I have heard that about every computer vendor, including ADP and Reynolds and Reynolds.

Hopefully, someone out there can give you an answer. Good Luck.

Chuck Hartle'
Chuck Hartle

PBS Computer Vendor

Postby Matt Parsons » Mon Jul 24, 2000 7:44 am

PBS is based out of Calgary, Alberta Canada. Unless their is a group of Canadian dealers monitoring this forum, you may not get much feedback on your question.

I do believe however that a dealer in Jackson, Michigan uses PBS with strong/positive results. For more information, I would suggest you contact the dealer - Wes Lutz - at Extreme Dodge.

Good Luck
Matt Parsons

PBS Computer Vendor

Postby Mike Nicholes » Tue Jul 25, 2000 5:12 pm

PBS has been in the Canadian Marketplace for a couple of years. They are mostly in GM dealers, but have some others also. When I first looked at their system (at the request of GM Canada) I was impressed that they were on the right track. I have had no other discussions with them past some challenges that I gave them over a year ago. Current users seem satisfied. They are a pure Windows based system which makes their hardware much less expensive than the mainline DMS around today. They are worth a look. Service in the US should be the biggest concern, along with proper training on the system. But, I believe, they are a valid player.
Mike Nicholes
Mike Nicholes

Return to Parts Managers