Microcat

Microcat

Postby Inkman » Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:21 pm

In keeping with the theme of tjsmith about the Pro-Quest verses somebody else's EPC, I am interested in any info./opinion anybody has on Microcat. We need to make a move later this year & I'm looking to decide before we go to NADA. We're on Pro-Quest now, & we have Chrysler & Hyundai in our building, & Buick in our sister store. We're all under the same servor. We could get Chrysler through Star Parts & Hyundai & GM through Microcat. Any thoughts on the Microcat system anyone???
Thanks!
Inkman

Microcat

Postby Matt Parsons » Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:21 am

Inkman, wanted to clear up some confusion that I think is in your posting.

Microcat does not currently offer a GM Catalogue. The company that owns Microcat (Infomedia) does have the GM data with their recent acquisition of EDS' PartsImager product, but they have not released the GM data in the Microcat format. If you are looking for a single system/platform to serve your multiple makes today, I would have to say that for now ProQuest (in your situation) is most likely your only alternative.

If however you are willing to run different applications, EDS as the distributor of Infomedia's Microcat and PartsImager offerings is able to support your GM and Hyundai needs.

If you are looking for a dealer that can provide you with his views of Microcat, I would suggest you contact Mark Rush at Ron Rush Lincoln Mecury in Columbus, Ohio, Mark is a long time user of Microcat and also a key member of NADA's IT Committee. Mark can be reached at 614-471-9980.

If you are looking for a dealer that can provide you with his views on PartsImager, I would suggest you contact Spencer Hondros at Villa Marin Pontiac, Buick, GMC, Cadillac in Staten Island, NY. Spencer is a long time user of PartsImager and Chairmen of the GM IT Dealer Council. Spencer can be reached at 718-351-3300.

Both Microcat and PartsImager can run off of the same hardware platform.

If you want to view the Microcat and PartsImager offerings at NADA, they will both be displayed in the EDS booth co-located next to NADA's booth.

For addiitonal online information about both Microcat and PartsImager, you can go to MCDealer.com.

Matt
Matt Parsons

Return to Parts Managers