ADP English

ADP English

Postby David Cates » Tue May 20, 2003 10:52 pm

and if you don't have it, get on your ADP rep for not selling it to you, or at the least not making sure you have it if he / she wasn't the original salesperson.

PDA is a good product, but was sold as an additional product because it was developed by a third-party. That's why it is not part of the system, although by now it should have been incorporated into the system. I'm sure they've made enough money off it by now.
David Cates

ADP English

Postby jimgarner » Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:12 pm

Try using the NAME-HISTORY file.
jimgarner

ADP English

Postby ajz » Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:19 pm

There isn't a NAME-HISTORY file on our system.
ajz

ADP English

Postby Inkman » Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:00 pm

Also, make sure you have enough data space in your system. PDA does take up room, or so I've been told. It's definitely helpful.
Inkman

ADP English

Postby CroweChizek » Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:02 am

If data space is an issue I beleive you will have options as to the retention period for transactions that you may be able to limit to conserve space.
CroweChizek

ADP English

Postby jimgarner » Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:57 pm

The NAME-HISTORY file is on the accounting side and you must access it from TCL. The ENG function won't see it as a valid file name, but it's there. There's verbs like MAR-AMT MAR-CNT-LY ect. If you don't know how to find what verbs you can use, type in: SORT4 DICT NAME-HISTORY. If you don't have access to accounting, you could have a "Q" pointer built to it. PDA does take up allot of room ,because it copies much of the same info that's already on your system. There are more third party programs around that give more in-depth customer tracking info too.
jimgarner

ADP English

Postby ajz » Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:41 am

I am able to access NAME-HISTORY from TCL. Thanks for help.

ajz

Previous

Return to Parts Managers