ADP English

ADP English

Postby ajz » Tue May 20, 2003 10:52 am

Users of ADP English. In NAME-FILE is there a way to get last years purchases? Year to date purchases is YTD-PURCH.

Thanks.
ajz

ADP English

Postby scotstrong » Tue May 20, 2003 11:50 am

What kind of information are you trying to compile? ADP does not have a field available for last years' purchases from the NAME-FILE. Also, keep in mind that year-to-date purchases is only tracked for charge customers (open account). Any cash customers would be excluded. If you are looking for info on service customers there may be a way to extract that info from the service history file.

Scot Strong
scotstrong

ADP English

Postby ajz » Tue May 20, 2003 1:47 pm

Scot,

I'm trying to see what certain parts charge accounts purchased last year. I was trying to get the information from NAME-FILE. I know it doesn't track cash accounts, but I wish it did. Do you know if there is a way to pull the information using DCV?

Thanks
ajz

ADP English

Postby scotstrong » Tue May 20, 2003 2:08 pm

Do you have function PDA (Parts Data Archiving) turned on? You can inquire by customer number and it will show all previous invoices, returns, gross and %. It may or may not go back far enough for you depending on what retention parameters are set up. You can also track cash accounts this way if they have their own unique customer number.

Scot

[This message has been edited by scotstrong (edited 05-20-2003).]

scotstrong

ADP English

Postby jazdale » Tue May 20, 2003 2:44 pm

ajz,

The best place to find this detail is in PDA using the M command for monthly reports - and inside of that report 5 SALES RANKING REPORT. This will ask you what the minimum amount the customer has spent. See if it gives you what you need to see.

Another report inside of M of PDA is simply a customer sales report that asks for starting and ending customer numbers. Based on your cust numbering methods, this may work also.

DCV is the document viewer which does a great job in displaying and reprinting/faxing/emailing filed documents.
It doesn't work well in trying to manipulate data like an RPG.

Most dealers have latest release AE7.0 in their possession.
This load will allow you to add parts customers on-the-fly in function I (invoicing) and assign default sale-type/price code/tax codes for your retail customers.

Theres actually a few ways to gather historical data on customers.

ElitePlus Search/Report Wizard will accumulate sales data. this software resides on specific PCs. Has a great mouse-driven inquiry and report function for dislaying tranactional detail.

CSM (Customer satisfaction management - unix based)uses a full customer value screen that can be displayed on all transaction screens.

CRM (Cust Relationship Mgt PC-based) stores transactional detail on an NT server.

jazdale

ADP English

Postby ajz » Tue May 20, 2003 3:22 pm

If PDA is accessed through the Inventory account then it must not be turned on because I can't access it. Does ADP have to turn PDA on or is it something we can do here at the dealership?
ajz

ADP English

Postby ajz » Tue May 20, 2003 3:24 pm

If PDA is accessed through the Inventory account then it must not be turned on because I can't access it. Does ADP have to turn PDA on or is it something we can do here at the dealership?
ajz

ADP English

Postby scotstrong » Tue May 20, 2003 4:21 pm

You will have to call ADP to activate this function, and yes there is a fee.

Scot
scotstrong

ADP English

Postby ajz » Tue May 20, 2003 4:27 pm

A fee to turn on a function! (ADP = Another Dollar Please)

Thanks for the replies.
ajz

ADP English

Postby eweirick » Tue May 20, 2003 6:55 pm

If I remember right the fee is $500 and it's a one time charge. It's worth 10 times that amount. Every dealer should have it turned on.

Also, before you call ADP check with your sysadmin and make sure it's not just a UUP permissions problem. You need access to UF USR to be able to run PDA.

------------------
Ed Weirick

eweirick

Next

Return to Parts Managers