dms change

dms change

Postby gmtoypartsguy » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:54 pm

We are two months after conversion and so far I am not a fan of our new system. It is taking more keystrokes to do the same functions as before. A lot of useless change to gain nothing. The windows system that we were sold and then told we could not get is now gone bye bye. Thanks!!!! So unless you are totally unhappy with your current system, think long and hard about your entire dealership having to learn how to do their job all over again. It will disrupt business.
gmtoypartsguy

dms change

Postby Mike Nicholes » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:37 pm

I am curious as to what system you are coming from and what system are you changing to. Some of the companies have better track records than others in assisting with the conversion from System A to system B. that is if you feel free to disclose the information.

------------------
Mike Nicholes

dms change

Postby pjpeery » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:14 pm

gmtoypartsguy

this is not paid for :

i have used reynolds and reynolds at differant stores for over 2o years .. i have found it to be easy to lean and easy to use i have found there support people very friendly and very helpful ... having said that: i know that if i was forced to change to something else i would be hesistant but i would also hold them to at least reynold's standards and require complete training on the system .. not just a couple of days but walk you thru all reports needed and be available for a phone support when needed .. i know that after sometime with this system you will be able to do everything that is needed .. just a side note .. i have been on the service side for a long time now so have lost touch with the parts end

goodluck

paul
pjpeery

dms change

Postby daponik » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:23 pm

Our Nissan dealership just switched over from the ancient CARS DYATRON software to using Procede Software's Excede product.

It seems one of the biggest issues in the conversion was the employee's hesitancy to learn something new. Too much of the "we've always done it that" mentality around. So if it doesn't work the way it used to, there must be something wrong with the software.

Prepare to be assimilated - Resistance is futile. ;-)
daponik

dms change

Postby JDeere » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:41 pm

Mike:
In his original posting he stated that he was going from ADP to R&R.

gmtoypartsguy:
I have used both and I must say that it is about 60 - 40 R&R over ADP (in my not so humble opinion). R&R support has always been willing to listen and as I recall we had someone call us every day for at least 30 Days to make sure we had a "handle" on it. ADP only wanted to tell you how to modify your business to make it work with their system.

J Deere
JDeere

dms change

Postby thepartsguy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:52 pm

yeah get a big hammer (ha ha)
thepartsguy

Previous

Return to Parts Managers