dms change

dms change

Postby gmtoypartsguy » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:26 pm

our dealership is about to change dms providers from adp to r&r. any advice or suggestions on preparing for the change?
gmtoypartsguy

dms change

Postby chartle » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:46 pm

Make sure that you are specific about what part number history that they migrate over. Be sure to ask them to convert ADP's MNR (Months No Reciept) field over to the Reynolds and Reynolds LRDATE (Last Receipt Date). If you don't ask for it and insist, they won't do it! Make sure you are proactive in all the fields they are converting over ahead of time and you will be much happier you did!

Chuck Hartle'
chartle

dms change

Postby johnny o » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:54 pm

Chuck ... interesting .. you would think that they would have the conversion down pat after all its not the first time.
johnny o

dms change

Postby wellzy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:40 am

I was just curious how the conversion went? We are thinking of converting to reynolds & Reynolds.
wellzy

dms change

Postby gmtoypartsguy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:23 pm

So far, I hate Reynolds. A lot of changes to gain nothing!!!!!!!!!
gmtoypartsguy

dms change

Postby wellzy » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:49 am

Which Reynolds system did you go to, and which ADP system were you on? We are working on an ADP 9200 system currently.
wellzy

dms change

Postby gmtoypartsguy » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:42 pm

We were on the 9200 and now we have the ERA system.
gmtoypartsguy

dms change

Postby DBates6668 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:24 am

I work for Reynolds and I would like to assist in resolving any concerns you may have! We have many people who have converted that would never go back! I would love the opportunity to review your situation and see how we could work together to improve the situation.

You can contact me directly at david_bates@reyrey.com.

------------------
DBates6668

dms change

Postby RyanTech » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:45 am

We work with both Reynolds and ADP systems on a daily basis. Our PartsPeople.com product interfaces with both and I've been working with them for over 15 years. Each of the systems have their strengths and learning how to utilize them is a trying experience at first. I noticed that there is a REY employee willing to help. Take the opportunity to learn the strengths of the system you're on now. It's not going to change anytime soon and if you open your mind up to its strengths, you'll find that you believe in this system just as much as the one you were used to with ADP.

In ADP's defense, I'll say that this reply would look exactly the same on an ADP inquiry AND that we support the dealership working with it as well.

It's all about understanding what you have to work with. I mean hey... I still get questioned on why Microsoft and SUN are better than one another... at least with ADP and Reynolds they're on similar platforms!!!

------------------
if you have further questions please email support@ryantechinc.com
RyanTech

dms change

Postby JDeere » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:12 pm

gmtoypartsguy:

How is your conversion going?
JDeere

Next

Return to Parts Managers