ReyRey

ReyRey

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:05 am

I may be taking a position shortly with a dealer on ReyRey. I have been on ADP for about 13 years, but the change in the day to day programs do not really concern me. I have had a user logon so I can write my own programs and proc's in ADP and the loss of this ability would seem like a big blow. Does ReyRey have anything similar?
Thanks,
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

ReyRey

Postby petepuma01 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:36 am

Reynolds does not allow for user created custom programming on the Era system.

What types of things are you using the custom programming ability for? There may be other ways to do it on Era.
petepuma01

ReyRey

Postby chartle » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:31 am

Gerry,

I know exactly what you mean! We have a lot of custom programs with our ADP Clients and having the User Programming account and knowing how to use it is a competitive advantage not to mention versatile.

I believe ReyRey's 6910 is much more "User Friendly" the ADP's English, but very restricting. Look into learning ERALINK as this is the best alternative to ADP's User Programming, but still restrictive. I.E... you won't be able to create your own Dict Items (fields) or in ReyRey language I-Descriptors.

Chuck Hartle'
chartle

ReyRey

Postby randys2121 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:21 pm

I came to this store 6 years ago and within 3 months the changed from ADp to Reynolds.
I had yaers on ADP and was able to tweak the system well. When we first started working with reynolds I really felt restricted.
I have since become very comfortable with the system and found that many of the things the trainers told me could not be done can be done.
A user id for reyrey.com is a must.
And Chuck is correct Report Generator is much more user friendly than english.
randys2121

ReyRey

Postby JDeere » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:35 pm

Gerry:

Congratulations on your change, I hope it turns out well for you.

As far as ADP to R&R, I'm sure that in a few short months you will not even miss ADP. Your interest being "Adventurous Computing" you shouldn't find the change as challenging as to someone like myslef. The advantage I had was that I had changed from a manufacturer's system to ADP only 2-3 years prior to going to R&R, so change and flexibility was still fresh in my mind. Keep an open mind and I'm sure you will be fine. It matters not if you are going from the worst system in the world to the best, you will hate it for a time.

If you are not only into management reports, etc. but also into productivity; you will much prefer R&R. For starters 2108 and 2103 over SDL. You can actually handle multiple supersessions and have parts kits that automatically assign quantities. The utilization of 2108 is only limited to your imigination (it's not just for selling menu itmes etc.). "Tips of the day".... type a ? into either the quantity or TC column in 2525 and see what comes up. That can contain very helpful in day to day business for your countermen if you put it there. I doubt that your counter people even know that it exist. Block everyone from 2030, make them use "Q" from 2525. You can change what is displayed at the bottom of both 2525 and 2030.

I know it is an old expression by now but "think outside the box". Sometimes I'm so far outside that those within have no clue as to from where I am coming.

By the way, are you multi-franchise? Are you GM? ???
How many years total experience?

No I have no affiliation with R&R. I'm only a satisfied customer. Word of mouth is your best advertisement, right?

Good luck.
JDeere
JDeere

ReyRey

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:16 pm

JDeere,
There's not really much cause for congratulations, I had hoped to retire from the Chevy store I was at, but things change I guess. I had been with them 13 years. Been in parts departments pretty much my whole life (3rd generation partsman). I have been with GM since I got out of the Navy in '79, and been managing since '83. We added a Mazda store to our line up about 2 years ago which has been my only multi-line experience. I know we are not supposed to advertise on here, but I hope the moderators do not mind me doing a little networking looking for a job here

Thanks,
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Return to Parts Managers