Special Order Process Rey & Rey

Postby garrcr » Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:16 pm

Does anyone have a good Special Order process in place on Reynolds and Reynolds (Ordering, Tracking, Ordering on RO's For the shop etc.) If anyone has a good outline I would appreciate it
(actually any help would be great especially ordering for the shop on RO's)

Thanks
Garry
garrcr

Postby petepuma01 » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:50 pm

Garry

Have you tried using the process yet? If so, were there issues you ran into?

What are your concerns or items you want to make sure are addressed?

Any feedback you can offer may help with the response.

Rob
petepuma01

Postby garrcr » Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:17 pm

We are ending up with alot of (-1) RO's left open and alot of special orders hanging out there not being cleared. We are SB'ing our parts on RO's and if all goes well we clear the SB and that clears the special order> I'd like to see what everyone else is doing and what is working as far as shop special orders whether the vehicle is left overnight or comes back.
Thanks
Garry
garrcr

Postby petepuma01 » Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:14 am

Regarding the -1 RO's-- are your counterpeople converting the -1 RO to the new RO when the customer returns? If not, that would explain the large number of -1 documents.

By doing the conversion, the -1 document is removed and the special order is cleared automatically. When recalling the new RO, the system will prompt you about the backorder (-1) RO-- make sure the counterpeople use it.

If you are doing the conversion and still have a lot of -1 RO's, it sounds like customers are not returning for their parts.

If the customer leaves with the vehicle and the RO can be closed, it should be closed. I know sometimes people like to leave them open for warranty reasons (i.e.; tech time).

If the vehicle is staying or the RO will remain open, simply change the transaction code to 'S' (Ship) when billing out the part.
petepuma01

Postby MKWASLH » Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:45 am

You can run report 2527 and see all the open invoices and RO's, including the -1's. I use this report to help clear off special orders.
MKWASLH

Postby Marksparts » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:02 am

WHAT I HAVE MY COUNTER PEOPLE DOING IS NOT ORDERING PARTS ON THE RO UNLESS THE RO IS GOING TO REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE WORK IS FINISHED, USUALLY WITHIN A COUPLE OF DAYS. WE HAVE THE SERVICE ADVISOR WRITE UP AN APPOINTMENT FOR THE CUSTOMER AND ORDER THE PART ON THE APPOINTMENT. THIS DOES TWO THINGS, TRACKS YOUR SPECIAL ORDERS BETTER, YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT NEGATIVE OH NUMBERS. MOST IMPORTANTLY, IT GETS YOUR CUSTOMER BACK IN TO HAVE THE PART INSTALLED. THIS WORKS REALLY WELL FOR US. THEN WHEN THE PART DOES ARRIVE WE PRINT A PICK TICKET FOR THE ADVISOR AND THEY KNOW WHEN THE CAME IN AND CAN DO A FOLLOW UP CALL IF THEY NEED TO.
Marksparts

Return to Parts Managers