Counterman productivity (R&R systems)

Counterman productivity (R&R systems)

Postby JDeere » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:36 pm

I don't recall seeing anything posted regarding the counter person productivity aspect of a DSP / DMS (computer system). We are usually just talking about reports, etc. How many of you have ever typed a "?" in the QORD or TC column of 2525?

If you are in a metro area and you have a lot of "buy outs". Your counterman can check instantly to see if you have the part on order. If your order number were to reflect the date expected, he would know instantly whether or not to buy out. If in receipting you accurately apply the b/o and cross shipped information that will also aid in making a "buy out" decision.

I'm sure that I am not the only person that advocates the offering of related merchandise (option 8 from the "?" screen). R&R has that information readily available, but not so readily applied to the invoice. Are you into accessories or alternate merchandise? How about the alternate field (option 6 from the "?" screen)? You can view alternate p/n's but cannot apply them automatically to the invoice.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get R&R to make this information more readily availble for sale (automatically apply it to the invoice from this screen)?

I'm just frustrated that such valuable aids stop short of being excellent tools in selling.

The shop counter has a better prospective in what merchandise is required in order to make a proper repair so I actively use the parts kits so that the front counter can offer that merchandise when selling the primary part. If the related merchandise from the "?" screen could be automatically applied to the invoice, creation of many parts kits would not be necessary.

What else can be done to increase the productivity of the counterman?

Just some thoughts, what do you think?

jdeere
JDeere

Return to Parts Managers