R&R Returns

R&R Returns

Postby Jaybee » Fri Jan 03, 2003 11:05 am

I am a Honda dealer using R&R. I use 2081 to do my returns. I really don't have any problems creating a return. What I am looking to find are any tricks for sending back parts that may go non-returnable. I do move some parts to a different source,and then manually add them ie:non-current accesories. Any help out there? Thanks!!!! John
Jaybee

R&R Returns

Postby Chuck Hartle » Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:53 pm

Jaybee,

We have 26 Honda / Acura stores we work with and do their quarterly SRA's for them. There are two new things that you can use to help build your SRA quicker and more accurately.

First of all, what we do is build two sources, one for hard parts and one for accessories (because the asset accounts are different). If you are going for the oldest parts in your inventory, Reynolds has added a new prompt in the 2081 (called)
EXCLUDE PARTS WITH A RECEIPT DATE OF OR MORE RECENT.

For instance, if you want all your parts that are truly 13 months and older, you would select parts with age GE 13 and receipt date less than or equal 12/01/01 to get parts that are truly that old.

Here is a hint if you are willing to do it. Build a couple of 6910 reports that pull you oldest inventory just like the 2081 program would. Then build the same one for accessories. Finally, you might build one for, as you mentioned, older base code accessories. Remember that with Honda the EXT VAL has to be more than 5 and the Return Codes have to be R, Y, and D.

After you save these reports, go into program 2109 and run the 6910 Reports and move them into the two sources based on hard parts and accessories. After doing this, build the return in 2081 on just the two sources with .01 and 0 MNS and you will have yourself an accurate SRA return to send to Honda.

Chuck Hartle'

[This message has been edited by Chuck Hartle (edited 01-04-2003).]

Chuck Hartle

Return to Parts Managers