UCS and emergency receipt tracking

Postby Mark W » Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:36 am

I am the group parts manager of a large multi franchise dealership in the Caribbean.
1. We cannot get a total dollar value of all parts that have been received by emergency.
We need to know how much has been ordered and receipted both by ocean and air separately.
We receive using programme 156-13 because of average costing. We cannot use programme 156-14. We do not want to add things up manually.Would like it directly from the system.
Hope someone can help in this area.
Mark
my email is marwil@smlbgi.com
Mark W

Postby jclausen » Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:57 pm

You should be able to create seperate order types and tie them into your pic control numbers in 172-03. You could have as many as 9 seperate order types/control numbers. You can then run order action report 163-05 which will give you a seperate dollar amount for each control number thats ordered. I would also suggest you run 163-05 to receipt your parts automatically. This will also give you a seperate dollar amount for each control number ordered and you don't have to manually receipt each part number individually. I would also suggest you go to power work stations in parts. The new features for ordering and receipting have improved significantly.

[This message has been edited by jclausen (edited 10-21-2002).]

jclausen

Postby Gary J. Naples » Tue Oct 22, 2002 2:59 pm

Hi Mark,

I've conducted parts training in the Caribbean. Needless to say, it is unique. Try this contact. He may be able to assist you. I'm not certain if he uses UCS. I believe he has his own custom programing. However, he is extremely knowledgeable in that market.

Duncan Stewart
STEWART'S AUTO SALES LTD.
6-8 Orchard Road, Kingston. 5.
Jamaica, West Indies.
Phone: (876) 968-0930-3, 929-4314-5
e-mail: duncan_stewart@mail.infochan.com

Hope this helps.

Gary J Naples
FREELANCE ASSOCIATES, INC.
Gary J. Naples

Return to Parts Managers