Special order functions on ADP and R&R

Postby CroweChizek » Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:06 pm

I am new to this discussion forum but I have looked at past postings and I think it has been over a year since there was discussion on special order parts. Is there any interest in further discussion? Specifically I am looking for information to eliminate having open invoices that then to be voided. I thought that using the system special order function on a manual mode would work, however it requires extra steps.
CroweChizek

Postby petepuma01 » Fri Dec 13, 2002 6:03 pm

Why are you voiding the open invoices? Is it because the customer does not want the special order once it is received?
petepuma01

Postby CroweChizek » Fri Dec 13, 2002 6:26 pm

Some dealearships will close repair orders when the vehicle leaves the dealership. And open a new repair order when the customer returns. Or the repair order will be closed and a counter invoice will be generated to create an order and then when the customer returns the counter invoice will be voided and the part will be billed out on a repair order.
CroweChizek

Postby petepuma01 » Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:17 pm

Are you referring to Reynolds or ADP?

If you're referring to Reynolds, I dont understand why someone would create a parts invoice for a part that is needed on a repair order. Order the part on the current RO.

If the RO stays open, change the TC when the part comes in.

If the RO gets closed and new one created later, the old RO (the -1) will roll onto the new RO.

Is the concern the -1 documents where the customers never return for the special order part?
petepuma01

Postby jazdale » Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:57 am

CroweChizek

Why would you open a counter ticket?

Same SOR process with ADP - The O.H. tracking is different from RR. (doesn't go negative)

Post the special order to the original RO.
The SOR will follow the cust/veh onto the new RO.

jazdale

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:04 am

CroweChizek,
Are you talking about pepaying parts on the Mechanics counter?
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Postby petepuma01 » Sat Dec 14, 2002 2:51 pm

Jazdale-- FYI-- QOH only goes to negative for pre-paid (SP) parts.

No charge (SB) and deposit (SD) special order parts do not go to negative.
petepuma01

Postby Art » Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:39 pm

Boy, if you guys can help us understand ADP'S SOR system GOD BLESS YOU! It seems that on of our major problems is ordering a part for a in stock vehicle that gets sold before the part comes in. Sure the part will follow the VIN but the SOR report does not show a VIN for in stock vehicles because we do not assign a customer number to each stock vehicle-any suggestions? We are learning to live with the fact that it takes sometimes forever and a day for a SOR to drop off the list after the RO is closed(yes we lowered the keep in history to 1 day). We do not fear the unknown but at times it can very FRUSTRATING!
Art

Postby VIDCHELLE » Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:31 pm

We have been using the ADP SOR system for a couple of years now. After a difficult learning curve we now have it running smoothly. I would make the following suggestions.

1 Modify the canned report in RPG. You need an on hand field and a cost field. We run several versions ranked by SOR number, received date, or part number depending on what information is required.

2 SOR flags are triggered when the part is received. If you force a sale before the order is received the SOR will not close.
Make sure the SOR part is sold correctly [F7 enter F3] or it wont close.

3 When doing a manual SOR, make sure you enter customer number and vehicle I D. If you dont there is no connection between the car and the part.

4 Review the order reports every day and compare to a customer call log for appointments. If the report is not kept current it is useless and csi will suffer.

5 Dont bother with SORs for parts counter orders or pre paids. It creates too much confusion for customers and counter staff.
We use forced sales and function PO to order parts, with all customer information in the quotes. As a cross reference we run a daily negative on hand report with an order number field to make sure everthing is actually ordered.

ADP is not new user friendly, but is very useful when you get to grips with it.

VIDCHELLE

Postby DMuller » Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:01 am

If you are on ADP, decide whether or not your going to use the automated system. If you're going auto then go full auto. Don't do some SOR's through the system and some outside. The sugestion of not using the SOR system on counter sales makes no sense. If you use the system correctly, anyone can look up any customer order in seconds and know the status, a key to CSI. The SOR system effortlessly tracks all special orders. The key is setting up the system and consistantly follow procedure. There is a certain amount of maintenance, but if done on a regular basis you will reap great benefits from this system.
DMuller

Next

Return to Parts Managers