Counterman Pay

Counterman Pay

Postby sib » Thu May 08, 2003 4:00 pm

I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to give me figures regarding how much your counterpeople are getting paid each month versus how many hours worked, how much sales and gross they produce. How many pay overtime, etc. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks
Rich
sib

Counterman Pay

Postby Toyotaguy » Thu May 08, 2003 4:17 pm

RICH,
my "A" counterman get a base of 500.00 and 2.5-3% commision based on gross profit on the department. They average about $60,000.00 a year. Now I have a "c" guy making 450 a week and about .5% a month for about 35,000 a year. My A guys are billing about $100,000 a month. My c guy is billing about 40,000. We also have monthly bonus's based on their performance.

hope this helps...

Rob
Toyotaguy

Counterman Pay

Postby sib » Fri May 09, 2003 11:59 am

Thanks for the info. It does help.
sib

Counterman Pay

Postby Parts is parts » Fri May 23, 2003 7:54 am

It seems that your counterperson's pay is rather on the hi side as a manager I don't see that kind of money I don't know if maybe GM makes the difference but if thats it I'll go to Toyota. I really think that pay varys widely on what state your in as well. It is hard to compare if the pay plan is not from a dealership in your rea
Parts is parts

Counterman Pay

Postby greg01 » Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:06 am

I am a former manager who left to be a counterman... Im making about 62k, I personally bill a minimum of 100k a month with a 26% gp on the parts I sell. I work all 3 counters. The dept as a whole is close to 300k/month total... This is a mid and highligh import dealer (Vw and Audi). My average week is 42 hours (most weeks are 40-41 with a very few 48+ thrown in)

I was currently offered a job as a Porsche parts manager (I have Porsche management experiance as well as VW/Audi), and they choked at how much I wanted... Porsche no less... go figure? The wanted to offer me 55k with no demo, and they called me! The position is still available to me, I belive I am going to decline it monday.

I must be making alot, but I earn every penny of it... My mistake ratio is very low (hey, noone is PERFECT), and being a former manager, I am acting manager when the PM is out. (But carry no title other than counterman). I do have a master key to the dealer, and the alarm code also, so, I am definatly treated as more than a counterperson, but still no title, and great pay.... And I still have the option to say "see the Parts Manager" if stuff gets too deep.

This is in a very "rich" area however... Im not talking small town hicksviille.... There are 1mil houses within a few miles of the dealer.
greg01

Return to Parts Managers