NEW GM RSG

NEW GM RSG

Postby HJ » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:03 am

ANYONE SEEN THE 1ST 1/4 RSG LIST? 90% OF THE DELETE #'S WERE SUPERSCEDED 12+ MONTHS AGO
THAT MAKES THEM NOT RETURNABLE. LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER SHAFTING BY THE GENERAL
HJ

NEW GM RSG

Postby Michael White » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:34 pm

It appears you are parcelling correct. The P/N for the revised parts that I found are on the RSG delete list as well. However, the
real porblem that annoys me to no end are the 45 P/N that we put in, to the tune of about $4,000, that GM just added to the Sept
03 list, that are now on the deleted list. What a waste of time and money for our dealership. If we experienced this, assuming 5000 dealers nation wide, that is $20,000,000 that GM has had us waste; not to mention the thousands of hours wasted setting up, processing, etc. I hope it was worth while for GMSPO to show a strong last quarter!!!! This is not the way to improve dealer relations
Michael White

NEW GM RSG

Postby kcatdeejay » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:25 pm

Surprise ! Surprise ! In the words of Gomer Pyle....yes, indeed , the General is up to his usual tricks. Those of us who were managing GM parts depts in the '80's are aware of the junk Target parts that the General marked up, discounted and then put on the Target list. Different venue, same scam with regard to forcing the dealers to buy their (GM) junk. In spite of GM's questionable practices in this and some other areas, dealers continue to seek them (GM reps) out for job recommendations within their dealerships. HELLO! Don't ask the mice how to best secure your cheese factory...and I gotta tell ya'...they sure have endorsed some questionable individuals in this area.
kcatdeejay

Return to Parts Managers