R&R Report Generator

R&R Report Generator

Postby brink » Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:08 pm

Can anyone out there help me? I am trying to make a report that is similar to the canned 2233 Sales Ranking Report(Piece Sales). That report includes all parts sales for a given period. However, I want to include only parts that were sold through the service department. I called R&R and no one could help me. They offered a custom report for several hundred dollars. I'll need to know what file name to use, search criteria, etc..
brink

R&R Report Generator

Postby kenm » Thu Jan 31, 2002 5:42 pm

what EXACTLY do you want it to give you?
kenm

R&R Report Generator

Postby Chuck Hartle » Thu Jan 31, 2002 6:53 pm

Here are two reports that you can try... see if this saves you some $$$$$

This first one is a simple piece ranking report based on the past twelve months worth of sales:

REPORT NAME: (PIECE RANKING REPORT)
FILE NAME: (PROD.MASTER)
REPORT TYPE: (SORT)
ENTER FIELDS TO SOR BY: (12 MONTH HIST~;PART NO)
SORT SEQUENCE D)

FIELD CONDITION VALUE AND/OR
(MK) (EQUAL) (FO) (AND)
(12 MONTH HIST~)(GREATER THAN) (12)

COLUMN HEADINGS; 12 MONTH HIST~;PART-INFO;QOH;COST;DETAIL;RC;AGE;+EXT VAL

PRINT TOTALS ONLY (N)
ENTER FIELDS TO BREAK ON (enter)
ENTER SPECIAL FORMAT (N)

This report will show you your faster movers for a specific Make (in this case FO for Ford, put make you wish) with at least 12 sales in the past year.

Look to next posting for the other 6910 report.

Chuck Hartle

R&R Report Generator

Postby Chuck Hartle » Thu Jan 31, 2002 7:06 pm

As you can see the formatting doesn't look to pretty.. hopefully you get the point. Anything in parenthesis you input your fields.. duh....

This second report will give you a monthly report and total the part numbers with sales type "R" for repair orders only....

REPORT NAME: (PIECE SALES FOR MONTH)
FILE NAME: (PRH.0112)
REPORT TYPE: (SORT)
ENTER FIELDS TO SORT BY: (PART-NO)
SELECT SORT SEQUENCE: (A)

ENTER SELECTION CRITERIA:
FIELD CONDITION VALUE AND/OR
(MK) (EQUAL) (FO) (AND)
(QTY) (GREATER THAN) (2) (AND)
(SALE TYPE~) (EQUAL) (R)

ENTER COLUMN HEADINGS: (PART-NO;+QTY;+EXT-COST;+EXT-SALE

PRINT TOTALS ONLY: (Y)
ENTER FIELDS TO BREAK ON: (PART-NO)
CHANGE PAGE BREAK (N)
ENTER SPECIAL FORMAT (N)

This report will not rank the parts in desceding order, but by part number with the total piece sales, total cost, and total sales for each individual part number for a specific month and make. Remember to substitute your specific make or makes. If you want internal sales add two quotes to the end of R and add the I into it. It would look like this:

R""I

This will pick up all sales except "W" wholesale sales....

Unfortunately, the ERA system bundles the PROD.HIST Files into separate files at the end of each month and does not combine them like ADP does. With PDA on your ADP system, you could pull just repair order sales and look at the total pieces for each number. All you have to do is substitute the PRH file to look at monthly rankings......

I hope this helps you..

Chuck Hartle
Chuck Hartle

R&R Report Generator

Postby VICM » Fri Feb 01, 2002 9:36 am

Here is another option. In 6910:
File Name: PRODHIST (This gives current month only - use PRH.0201, etc, for past history)
Report Type: SORT
Sort by:SRC~;BLIST(or BCOST);PART_NO

SALE TYPE (CWI)~ EQUAL c
RETAIL?WHSLE FLAG EQUAL R
EXT_SALE GREATER THAN 0

HEADINGS= INV#/PO#;QTY;PART-NO;PLP~;BCOST;EXT-COST;BLIST;EXT-SALE;GROSS~;GROSS PCT~;SRC;SALE TYPE (CWI)~;RETAIL/WHSLE FLAG;TRAN;SALE TYPE~;PORT~

THIS REPORT WILL SHOW YOU ALL REPAIR ORDER CUSTOMER PAY PART SALES ONLY. IT WILL ALSO PUT SAME PART NUMBERS TOGETHER AND SHOW YOU IF YOUR PRICE STRUCTURE IS GETTING YOU WHAT YOU WANT.SINCE YOU SET PRICES BY SRC, THE REPORT IS SORTED BY SRC.
THE PORT NUMBER IS JUST A DOUBLE CHECK TO SEE IF ANYONE OUTSIDE OF PARTS IS POSTING SALES.
HOPE THIS HELPS

------------------
VICM
VICM

R&R Report Generator

Postby Chuck Hartle » Fri Feb 01, 2002 11:54 am

Hi Vic,

Nice little report.... It gives good detail on repair order sales... Too bad there is no way to rank the pieces and total them this way, but it sure could be sorted several different ways (by part number for instance) to put them all together..... Excellent info for part managers to store.... If you put a + sign in front of QTY, EXT-COST; EXT-SALE; GROSS~; you can get the totals for each field for the month.....

Great Report.... Thank you

Chuck Hartle'
Chuck Hartle

R&R Report Generator

Postby VICM » Fri Feb 01, 2002 5:31 pm

YOU CAN NOT TOTAL THE PARTS, BUT YOU CAN RANK THEM. IF YOU ADD THESE FEILDS TO YOUR OUTPUT.
PYR~ =PRYOR YEARS SALES
YTD~ =YEAR TO DATE SALES
YTDEP =YEAR TO DATE EMERGENCY PURCHASES
YTDLS =YEAR TO DATE LOST SALES

THEN CHOOSE ONE OF THESE FEILDS TO SORT BY, WITH DESENDING ORDER.

KEEP IN MIND - A PART HAS TO BE SOLD IN THE GIVEN MONTH TO MAKE THE REPORT, THEN YOU CAN SEE HOW MANY OF THESE PARTS YOU HAVE SOLD YTD, ETC.

------------------
VICM
VICM

R&R Report Generator

Postby RBickley » Fri Feb 01, 2002 10:46 pm

I've used a report very similar to Chuck's

REPORT NAME: *12 MONTH SALES
FILE NAME : PROD.MASTER
REPORT TYPE: SORT
SORT FIELDS: 12 MONTH HIST~
SORT SEQ. : D
SELECTION CRITERIA:
FIELD CONDITION VALUE
12 MONTH HIST~ GREATER THAN 12 AND
SRC NOT EQUAL <???>
COLUMN HEADINGS FOR REPORT:
12 MONTH HIST~;PART-INFO;COST;QOH;SALES DEMAND;BSL~;YTD

DEPENDING ON PART SALES THE VALUE OF 12 CAN BE LOWERED (10,9,8,7,6,ETC...) FOR A SMALLER DEPARTMENT OR RAISED (14,16,18,20ETC...) FOR A LARGER VOLUME STORE.

SOURCE (SRC) CAN BE SUBSTITUTED WITH MAKE
(I COME FROM SINGLE POINT STORES)

I have been away from Reynolds for over a year now. Hope this still works. I wish to one day know as much about ADP as I knew of Reynolds. (Rumor has it that our company will change over to Reynolds. I have my fingers crossed.)

RBickley

Return to Parts Managers